Clyde Season 23/24

17 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

I hope we leave mjm the quality of their strips on offer are outdated. Use to always look forward to the unveiling of the new strip but these Puma efforts are limited and cheap looking, basically look like a t-shirt with a badge and a sponsor.

It’s not RJM’s fault. The club selects a “brand partner” from RJM’s stock. This season, they have the new adidas teamwear as seen on the likes of Camelon. 

At this point is there ANYONE in Scotland the club have a good relationship with. Can't even get it right ti communicate with the fans. I won't be buying a season ticket this year for the first time cause this board can't get anything right at all. 

4 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

At this point is there ANYONE in Scotland the club have a good relationship with. Can't even get it right ti communicate with the fans. I won't be buying a season ticket this year for the first time cause this board can't get anything right at all. 

Aye that will help us!

On 07/07/2023 at 12:11, BrigtonClyde said:

SLC raises a good point.  For clarification :

The proposal submitted was by The Clyde FC Community Foundation, a charity registered as a PLC in the form of a limited liability company.  As such, they are a completely separate legal entity from The Clyde Football Club CIC, with a completely different operational remit to provide sporting activities, opportunities and facilities for the wider public. Very similar in nature to Glasgow Life which is why it was the Foundation who submitted the proposal and not the football club.

The Foundation have applied for a Community Asset Transfer.  There’s various forms of those, but we’ll assume it’s for full ownership.  If successful, the Foundation would own all of the land within the complex, and would be charged with the running of all of those facilities.  As a charity, any revenue generated by them could not legally be siphoned off to the benefit of the football club.

Effectively the only link between the two organisations is the ex directors of one set up the other and one individual is currently a director of both, but in a legal and practical operational sense, they are completely separate entities.

If the Foundation is successful, the proposal then has an accommodation built in for The Clyde Football Club CIC to have use of the existing football pitch.  But presumably there would then have to be a legally binding agreement in place between the two outlining ownership of the land, responsibility of sourcing funding for and ownership of the bricks and mortar, terms of usage – whether for example the facility must be made available for wider community use, and if so would the club be permitted to earn from that under the terms agreed between the Foundation and Glasgow Life (GCC), responsibility for running costs, and also the specifics around any lease / rental agreement reached between the Foundation and club in terms of years.

This is where it’s not only relevant to the point raised by SLC, but also the underlining argument that for the club to prosper in the future, they must own their own ground.  It’ll be those specific details which will indicate the likelihood of that being a possibility.        

A bit worried that this arrangement sounds similar to the Greyhound Association taking over Shawfield which ultimately left to Clyde being kicked out. 

The foundation and the club might be running in step just now but is there not a danger that as time and personnel change that we end up in a similar scenario as Shawfield? 

2 hours ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

Wonder how many season tickets we have sold.

falkirk 2,500

Thistle (excuse the very mention of them) 2,000

Why are you comparing Clyde to these two teams? 

Both are vastly bigger clubs in every single way than Clyde.

7 minutes ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

It wasn’t always the case- it shows how far we have fallen

I get that but as an east fife fan I don't think any of us are looking at Dunfermline and Raith and comparing ST numbers. 

I'd say it's better to look at the league around you as that's what matters and increasing it Y.O.Y.

Out of interest in that fact what did Clyde have last season at Hamilton ST wise?

1 minute ago, sirscottyoung said:

I get that but as an east fife fan I don't think any of us are looking at Dunfermline and Raith and comparing ST numbers. 

I'd say it's better to look at the league around you as that's what matters and increasing it Y.O.Y.

Out of interest in that fact what did Clyde have last season at Hamilton ST wise?

I don’t know the answer but I’d guess a lot less this season.