Jump to content

Stirling Albion Season 23/24 Thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, TheWestStand said:

Aberdeen at home

 

p!sh draw

Especially when  both terraced ends of the ground are unusable due to lack of maintenance and repair by Active Stirling.  We lose out on revenue, but still pay rent for a 4,000 capacity stadium. Won't take legal action due to either legal costs or fear of retaliation, or both.  So where do we go from here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

Especially when  both terraced ends of the ground are unusable due to lack of maintenance and repair by Active Stirling.  We lose out on revenue, but still pay rent for a 4,000 capacity stadium. Won't take legal action due to either legal costs or fear of retaliation, or both.  So where do we go from here?

Someone on the supporters club Facebook page said if only 80% of stadium capacity is usable then only pay 80% rent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And by the way, given each Terrace only holds circa 600, a few portable toilets and a couple of temporary gates/turnstiles outside the exit gates the terracing could easily be utilised for the Aberdeen match, with it likely to be a 3.00 kick off on the Saturday the Dons will easily bring enough to fill the East stand and the two terraces, I largely suspect however some fucking jobsworth at Active Stirling or the council themselves would put the blocks on such an idea given the resentment and vindictiveness they have for the football club and its supporters. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

And by the way, given each Terrace only holds circa 600, a few portable toilets and a couple of temporary gates/turnstiles outside the exit gates the terracing could easily be utilised for the Aberdeen match, with it likely to be a 3.00 kick off on the Saturday the Dons will easily bring enough to fill the East stand and the two terraces, I largely suspect however some fucking jobsworth at Active Stirling or the council themselves would put the blocks on such an idea given the resentment and vindictiveness they have for the football club and its supporters. 

If that is a way round it Flybhoy I'd welcome it, but I've got my doubts.  Same as you, I fear a health and safety objection somewhere.  The issues with the terraces as you probably know, are not new.  The previous board got nowhere with Active Stirling trying to get repairs done and I don't doubt the present board have also tried to get a resolution with as little success.   

It should be a slam dunk legal case against a landlord failing to perform their legal obligations and I agree with you about the resentment and vindictiveness, but I also understand the fear of making it worse through taking any legal action.  

That leaves the question how does it get resolved?   I don't see an answer to that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Given that Darvel managed to convince the relevant H&S agencies to allow 3.5k into their hovel for their cup ties last season, you'd think that a decent proper stadium like Forthbank could easily be adjusted to take 4k or more for the Dons visit. Shouldn't be beyond the art of the feasible 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a farcical situation. As the anchor tenant on the stadium , we are one of the main stakeholders and active stirling should be working with us to get this sorted.

It surely can't be beyond the art of the possible.

Its in all parties interests to make the stadium as good as it can be and maximise attendance and income.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dave_binos said:

Heard the CEO at Active Stirling has just stepped down. Zero idea if that makes a difference. 

It might, considering he was Lewandowski's 2nd in command and pal back in 2017 and also the supposed "independent arbiter" appointed after Lewandowski was parachuted into the then Trust board chairmanship.  Big men holding pint glasses in the supporters bar and all that pish. Then again it might not, if the council just didn't want and still don't want a large outlay in repairs on a football club stadium they own.  

What is clear is that two successive boards have got nowhere in getting legally obligated repairs done, other than a hole in a roof somewhere.  Who knows  what response there would be if the club took their landlord on legally?   I wouldn't put it past them to send the bulldozers in at both ends and demolish them in response.  There you go, no maintenance required, job done. It's a tricky situation the club did not create,  I do attribute a negative contribution to the  idiots who thought it was smart to embroil Active Stirling employees in a bitter internal power struggle..  I attribute no responsibility to the present board, it's not their mess!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

It's a farcical situation. As the anchor tenant on the stadium , we are one of the main stakeholders and active stirling should be working with us to get this sorted.

It surely can't be beyond the art of the possible.

Its in all parties interests to make the stadium as good as it can be and maximise attendance and income.

In  an ideal world you would be absolutely correct. Sadly that's not where we live right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

There might be a more recent one but we drew 0-0 with Alloa at Forthbank on Friday 7th October 2005.

Yeah I think I was at that game, pretty sure Scotland were playing on the Saturday so the lower league games were moved to the Friday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Yeah I think I was at that game, pretty sure Scotland were playing on the Saturday so the lower league games were moved to the Friday. 

I definitely wasn't.. I was living down south at the time and now vaguely remember the shame of the Scotland defeat to Belarus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MrBeeno said:

I wonder what the chances are of having the Aberdeen game live streamed to maximize income.Im sure there would be a demand for it,especially if the ends are closed.

I’m not sure mate, but during the lock down lock out live streaming, I’m sure there were problems with bandwidth or something and Colin Rowley paid for something to be installed. When fans were able to return to the stadium, it was removed as it was no longer financially viable.

Sorry for being vague, I’m not a technical guy, but to my knowledge it probably wouldn’t be viable to upgrade whatever needs to be done for 1 game, I’d guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Enjoying the media videos @TheWestStand keep up the good work.

In the interviews with Darren Young and Creaney, I'm glad you asked "What will Edinburgh bring?" rather than "We play X next week, how do you approach that game?"

The former allows him to open up on the question about Edinburgh rather than the latter question which always tends to get the same answer "we approach it as we always do etc etc"

Great to see you growing and improving into the role. The real test will come when we are getting humped and you have to ask the awkward questions 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...