Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Murray Miller signs for us ,what's he like ? 

Meh…..really surprise he has got another League 1 gig if I’m being honest. Wasn’t great when he was with us, wasn’t poor either, just very meh. Going by Stranraer posters on here, he wasn’t much better when he went there on loan for the end of the season.

9 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Meh…..really surprise he has got another League 1 gig if I’m being honest. Wasn’t great when he was with us, wasn’t poor either, just very meh. Going by Stranraer posters on here, he wasn’t much better when he went there on loan for the end of the season.

Wondering if playing alongside Tidser will bring him on a bit certainly didn't do Odonell any harm as he turned in a great season after a slowish start 🤔

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Wondering if playing alongside Tidser will bring him on a bit certainly didn't do Odonell any harm as he turned in a great season after a slowish start 🤔

He will do a job but not someone I'd be getting excited about .. more of a sqaud player for the bench 

Opening fixture at the athletics stadium... it doesn't get more depressing...oh wait yes it does...east fife... Elgin...Stranraer...Peterhead.... soul destroying 

20240627_100047.jpg

Erik has all the qualities you need from a centre half at this level in spades but is very prone to lapses in concentration. Unfortunately for him, we were so shit during his time with us they'd often sabotage a lot of the good work he was doing.

If he's like he was with us, you've got a decent player. Unlikely at 29 but if he can cut out, or even reduce, the number of silly mistakes he makes, you've won a watch. Same as the_bully_wee, I wouldn't have minded him back this season at all.

Would have to say I wasn’t one wanting keep Sula. He’s an ok player, but there’s too many mistakes in him. By far not the worst we’ve had in the past few years, but he’s well off the likes of what we have now. 

Sula is a decent centre half. Probably a third choice in a top of the table side but certainly capable of playing well at this level.

Like the sound of Sula, seems like a "no-nonsense" type of defender going by the reports on here, with the occasional error in him. We've become used to that over the years with many Centre Back who have played for us.

When Clyde were relegated from League 1, I remember a good number of their posters on here were delighted at the news that he was re-signing, so I'll take this as a good signing on the face of it. 

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Like the sound of Sula, seems like a "no-nonsense" type of defender going by the reports on here, with the occasional error in him. We've become used to that over the years with many Centre Back who have played for us.

When Clyde were relegated from League 1, I remember a good number of their posters on here were delighted at the news that he was re-signing, so I'll take this as a good signing on the face of it. 

He is also technically a good player, can ping a wonderful pass

22 hours ago, dave_binos said:

95% of the support then. 

I would have to disagree. Let’s look at the figures. Assume fan base 800. 8 moan 100% of the time. Could almost name then.

57 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Josh Cooper turned out as a trialist for Dunfermline last night so I think we can assume he has also left 🤷‍♂️

I noticed Flynn Duffy also a trialist for the pars.

I really thought we could have had a punt at trying to get Flynn Duffy back at Forthbank...he always played well for us.... as for Josh Cooper i think he might have got a bit disillusioned with his lack of game time last season....but with Leitch gone i thought he could have more than stepped up this year 

48 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

I really thought we could have had a punt at trying to get Flynn Duffy back at Forthbank...he always played well for us.... as for Josh Cooper i think he might have got a bit disillusioned with his lack of game time last season....but with Leitch gone i thought he could have more than stepped up this year 

Cooper has been on trial with Dunfermline for a wee while. No contract signed yet so still a glimmer of hope he remains at Forthbank. 

5 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

Cooper has been on trial with Dunfermline for a wee while. No contract signed yet so still a glimmer of hope he remains at Forthbank. 

You could sense in the body language from Josh last year that he felt it didn't matter what he done he wasn't going to get a start 

1st point was when he got sent off at our first game at Kelty...Spenny got injured & Josh made a mad lunge on halfway to get the game stopped & ended up with a needless sending off....Kelty go on to score a last minute winner after playing with 10 men for over 55 minutes...DY was seething after that....

2nd point he scores a hatrick as a sub funnily enough against Kelty & can't even get a start the following week....another point from that game was the performance of young Ewan Wilson who also played great taking over from a lacklustre Lewis Milne...this led to him speaking with his parent club Motherwell over lack of game time & recall....I really thought he was a good player 

Josh i think was in the mindset he was only going to be a sub all season afterwards if he didn't warrant a start after his hatrick 

Good luck to Josh in his hope of getting a full time gig at Dunfermline, cracking club for him to join. I’m not sure if he is at that level but he can only try.

Really felt for him last season and think Young had blinkers when it came to him. Sometimes in football, no matter what you do you just can’t change the managers opinion and I think there was an element of that. For most of the season, he did well but just couldn’t get in……which was surprising when Leitch looked so poor.

Hope it works out for him, seems like a good lad and he is a good player.