Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

10 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

ATS would appear to be on international duty

IMG_4818.png

Completely forgot that we have an international superstar in defence but yeah, according to the Antigua Observer he's been called up for their games on Saturday and Wednesday. I'd have rested him at the weekend anyway, good opportunity to give Hancock and maybe Fellows a start. 

On Fellows, am I right in thinking he was on the squad page at one point this summer along with Dom Kavanagh? Noticed that neither of them are on it now.

27 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Completely forgot that we have an international superstar in defence but yeah, according to the Antigua Observer he's been called up for their games on Saturday and Wednesday. I'd have rested him at the weekend anyway, good opportunity to give Hancock and maybe Fellows a start. 

On Fellows, am I right in thinking he was on the squad page at one point this summer along with Dom Kavanagh? Noticed that neither of them are on it now.

Tranent v Celtic b  postponed international duty ,WTF ,

3 hours ago, Mr November said:

Fellows was in the bench at k Saturday was he not replaced watson on the bench 

17 hours ago, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Prunty is definitely not ready conceded 7 against livi reserves so we even know if he’s even a good keeper or is he only there cause who his dad is 

For someone apparently so connected to the club thons a bold sentence! 😳

Hope we put out a strong team on Saturday, the finals in 95, 2000 and 2001 were all great days out, remember Broto pointing where he wanted the guy taking the penalty put it then saved it, great stuff. With the team we have there's a real chance to win it as we can beat anyone on our day so hoping we take it seriously. 

2 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Genuinely have no idea how Virgil Van Dijk and Matthijs De Ligt are going to cope now.Screenshot_20230908_180848_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ac4bdd33c0f49bae7bfc7c53fde77816.jpg

I got a text saying “See your ex player get a call up for Ireland” and burst out laughing knowing exactly who it would be. He was world class in that Montrose game. Just seeing his name puts a smile on my face thinking of the chaos he caused that day. Some boy.

52 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I got a text saying “See your ex player get a call up for Ireland” and burst out laughing knowing exactly who it would be. He was world class in that Montrose game. Just seeing his name puts a smile on my face thinking of the chaos he caused that day. Some boy.

I know madness that day , only a week before he played against Peterhead and never tried a leg all game,   thinking back to that game, you were just glad you were there....

Listening to Rhys interview talking about McStravick he was saying he tried to sign him last season,  could he be replacement for Dylan Easton that Rhys was looking for ( early days)

2 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

It is not.

ETA harsher than claiming a really promising young keeper is only getting a go because of his dad?

As a rule of thumb, before you post, you should think "Would my comments get me a smack in the chops if I was saying this face to face?" BTW, I'd be very interested to know how many games you've seen the young Prunts play to back up your "Really promising" tag or are you just "ITK"? 😉