Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

18 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

I’ll be the one to say: five pounds for a pie. The game is officially a bogey.

Given that the club seemed to react to the online criticism of no cash gate and install such gates hopefully they'll be paying similar heed to the piegate situation and we'll see a more reasonable price on Saturday.

37 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Aware of his injury record but Josh Kerr anyone? Can we get better?

No. And I would hope so

37 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

No idea where the boy who suggested a single steak pie in the shop is £3.65 is shopping. Fiver for a pie at the football is mad. We are £3.50 this season with Stuart’s doing the catering and folk are annoyed about that. 

Not surprising when you can purchase the same pie in Stuarts outlets for £1-45(scotch pie),think its £2-00 for steak pie at Stuarts the bakers.

Just now, Rovers_Lad said:

Not surprising when you can purchase the same pie in Stuarts outlets for £1-45(scotch pie),think its £2-00 for steak pie at Stuarts the bakers.

It’s similar with stephen’s at east end, there’s at least an 80% extra markup and there has been as long as I remember.

I think that it does make it’s slightly more difficult when everyone can directly compare like for like when the supplier sells elsewhere.  

Generally I wouldn’t ever buy food at the football due to this, there isn’t a single ground that offers good value but £5 for a pie is the sort of terrible value only normally seen at hampden. 

21 hours ago, Old Diamond said:

Is £5 for a hot steak pie that dear? At Tesco, for example an individual steak pie costs £3.65, that needs to be heated, add staff costs at the kiosk and I think the club need to charge 20% VAT on hot food sales so I doubt if there is much profit for the club

A pie to feed a whole family maybe.

22 hours ago, Old Diamond said:

Is £5 for a hot steak pie that dear? At Tesco, for example an individual steak pie costs £3.65, that needs to be heated, add staff costs at the kiosk and I think the club need to charge 20% VAT on hot food sales so I doubt if there is much profit for the club

31 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

A pie to feed a whole family maybe.

I don't think I've ever bought a steak pie in my life but out of curiosity for this claim I've googled Tesco pie prices. A 700g steak pie intended for a family of four is £3.15 online. They appear to sell an individual steak pie (200g) for £1.75. It should be remembered that Tesco are a retailer and are probably making at least 50% profit on this from the actual manufacture. Whoever sells the pies at Airdrie won't be buying them from a retailer like Tesco. They'll get them wholesale from a Bakery unless they actually ARE the bakery.

I can buy a steak pie at the bakery next to my work for £2.50. It's bigger than the Tesco one (and to be fair probably closer to what they sell in a football ground).

In short, £5 does seem dear.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

£5 for a steak pie 😂😂😂😂

Couldn't believe it when I seen it, I think they'll reduce it tho due to backlash and the amount of Steak pies leftover at the end of the game lol.

4 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Couldn't believe it when I seen it, I think they'll reduce it tho due to backlash and the amount of Steak pies leftover at the end of the game lol.

Hope so , I do enjoy a steak pie. The mince pies always give me heartburn!

Comparing a football stadium piestall and tescos is pointless as the only thing they have in common is they both sell pies at a markup.

Every football stadium has a captive audience for the pie stall during the game,you cant nip out for a meatball marinara at half time and back in for the second half,your choice is buy a pie or dont so grounds can charge whatever they want with no direct competition.

FWIW the prices are ridiculous however as my daughters refuse to leave their seat till they applaud the team up the tunnel at halftime theres never any bloody pies left by the time i get to the front of the queue.

42 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

They could do with rethinking the whole structure, compared to Dunfermline and Falkirk last season,  who had a variety of options to purchase, meal deal etc our setup was and is pretty basic..

Onto pricing 3 quid for a small scotch pie,  5 quid for a small steak pie rinsed done with a cup of tap water at 50p

The hot drinks and I have been told hot dogs are reasonable though...

With us already paying 2 quid a head more to get in due to being up a league,  costs go up etc but not that noticeable surely...

In comparison I remember the old pie stall at Broomfield at the back of the enclosure in the mid 80s, used to get a Bovril for my dear old da and packet of crisps for myself for running the gauntlet and it was hopelessly overpriced then as well ,  

59 minutes ago, Passionate said:

They could do with rethinking the whole structure, compared to Dunfermline and Falkirk last season,  who had a variety of options to purchase, meal deal etc our setup was and is pretty basic..

Onto pricing 3 quid for a small scotch pie,  5 quid for a small steak pie rinsed done with a cup of tap water at 50p

The hot drinks and I have been told hot dogs are reasonable though...

With us already paying 2 quid a head more to get in due to being up a league,  costs go up etc but not that noticeable surely...

In comparison I remember the old pie stall at Broomfield at the back of the enclosure in the mid 80s, used to get a Bovril for my dear old da and packet of crisps for myself for running the gauntlet and it was hopelessly overpriced then as well ,  

Good job the pies took up most of the posts,takes the talk away from the game ,and just to mention the defence were all over the place half decent team would have scored at least 4, having said that Rae saved us a few times ,

12 hours ago, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

That’s boys patter on Twitter is absolutely rotten 

What patter is it in particular that you dislike?

The hatred of all things Tory, Unionist and Royal Family, or the belief that someone with a cock can't possibly be a woman? Or something entirely different?

39 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

What patter is it in particular that you dislike?

The hatred of all things Tory, Unionist and Royal Family, or the belief that someone with a cock can't possibly be a woman? Or something entirely different?

Do we have to have this kind of discourse on here 🤣