Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

15 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I've just realised that your club doesn't hold a bronze club license.  How were you allowed into the championship?

No idea, but is it a requirement for the championship and if so where does it state this?

18 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

image.png.46cb4f00bb2bca132a0b9de010f0f711.png

In the membership criteria here:

https://spfl.co.uk/pages/rules-and-regulations

But I think that means you don't need an overall bronze, just your ground has to be bronze (page 3), so it seems that's how you sneaked into the big boys club.

Oh well lucky us, would have been a major boo boo if we didn't meet the criteria.

Seems quite complex and a lot of cost and admin work for clubs.

56 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

image.png.46cb4f00bb2bca132a0b9de010f0f711.png

In the membership criteria here:

https://spfl.co.uk/pages/rules-and-regulations

But I think that means you don't need an overall bronze, just your ground has to be bronze (page 3), so it seems that's how you sneaked into the big boys club.

32 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Oh well lucky us, would have been a major boo boo if we didn't meet the criteria.

The SPFL criteria were listed as “Stadia”, but the voted upon change is SFA Licence, which is all areas. Seems to be Airdrie, Kelty, FC Edinburgh, Cove, Peterhead and Bonnyrigg that have issues. There is a provision for waivers.

15 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

it seems that's how you sneaked into the big boys club.

Strange sentiments from a supporter of a team who have spent significantly more time in the fourth tier than the second tier in the last 20 years...

54 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Its not that I don't have confidence in our team to finish above you in the league purely on sporting merit, but I saw the licensing news and engaged in a bit of wishful thinking.

3 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

New home kit finally revealed on Wednesday. 

Earliest it’s been in years!! Great news, got a feeling it’s gonna be white with a red diamond on it, could be wrong tho.

17 hours ago, Daddy Cheeze said:

FWIW the prices are ridiculous however as my daughters refuse to leave their seat till they applaud the team up the tunnel at halftime theres never any bloody pies left by the time i get to the front of the queue.

Pretty sure you'll be fine. At £5 a pie there will be plenty left.

10 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Would this not supersede that anyway?

Screenshot_20230717-181636~2.png

No. There's no such thing as UEFA Bronze licensing and I dont think there was in 2013 either. There's SFA Club Licensing and then there's a UEFA licence which is an additional hurdle for those playing in Europe. There arent levels to the UEFA licence.

The SFA licence is assessed annually, what you got in 2013 is irrelevant now. Per the SFA website your current licence is Entry Level (below Bronze). Your stadium and youth schemes are Bronze compliant but your First Team and Admin categories are not. That may be a very simple fix or it may need a lot done. That info isnt in the public domain.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Pretty sure you'll be fine. At £5 a pie there will be plenty left.

No. There's no such thing as UEFA Bronze licensing and I dont think there was in 2013 either. There's SFA Club Licensing and then there's a UEFA licence which is an additional hurdle for those playing in Europe. There arent levels to the UEFA licence.

The SFA licence is assessed annually, what you got in 2013 is irrelevant now. Per the SFA website your current licence is Entry Level (below Bronze). Your stadium and youth schemes are Bronze compliant but your First Team and Admin categories are not. That may be a very simple fix or it may need a lot done. That info isnt in the public domain.

Coaching team qualifications would be be my bet for first team given they are all quite young.

21 hours ago, Passionate said:

They could do with rethinking the whole structure, compared to Dunfermline and Falkirk last season,  who had a variety of options to purchase, meal deal etc our setup was and is pretty basic..

I remember going to Firhill for the play-off against QP and being mind blown that they were selling a steak, black pudding and peppercorn sauce pie. Even that was only around the £3 mark if I remember rightly.

Add on to that the burnt pie-gate & cremated sausage roll-gate when Falkirk & Alloa visited last season, it looks pretty clear that our concessions stand is very much underachieving compared to the competition.

Hopefully one for the supporters liaison to get on top of.

Just now, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Add on to that the burnt pie-gate & cremated sausage roll-gate when Falkirk & Alloa visited last season, it looks pretty clear that our concessions stand is very much underachieving compared to the competition.

So the pietin is tinpot...

I'll get my coat...

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Coaching team qualifications would be be my bet for first team given they are all quite young.

Could be anything but you may well be right. These regulations don't stand still. The hurdles increase every single year. They've recently added an enormous amount of Child Wellbeing and Diversity and Inclusion criteria for instance that must be complied with and suitable policies and reviews conducted. A club who was Gold in 2013 and have done nothing different since would be Entry level now on something.

Club Licensing is well intentioned and a UEFA requirement but it's a never ending pain in the backside for those of us who actually have to do it.