Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

5 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

How do you explain "I cant come to a work meeting at 14.30 as i'm waiting to see if a giant fountain pen is bringing good news...

Just say, ‘as important as this meeting is, I have a much more important and pressing engagement with a fountain pen’.  Simple.   

need a keeper but hoping for a defender 

Suspected it was Mason Hancock after the hint from @AJ77. Happy that we’ve brought in exactly what we needed, a left-sided defender who is presumably quicker than Fordyce and ATS.

I think he did very well at Stirling Albion but then struggled at Arbroath because they played him as a winger? I’m sure fans of each club can confirm. 

1 minute ago, Mr November said:

Suspected it was Mason Hancock after the hint from @AJ77. Happy that we’ve brought in exactly what we needed, a left-sided defender who is presumably quicker than Fordyce and ATS.

I think he did very well at Stirling Albion but then struggled at Arbroath because they played him as a winger? I’m sure fans of each club can confirm. 

I’ve heard his name but don’t know too much about him.  Seems like a sensible signing and definitely not a young laddie but presumably got something to learn.  Background at Fulham as a boy too, could be a very good signing 

2 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Haha apologies if hate spoilers, but good looking signing on paper fits the bill of a position we really needed, little bit of experience in the championship last year as well helps, wouldn’t be surprised to see him straight into the starting 11 tomorrow. 
Hopefully another sighting of the pen today!

1 minute ago, AJ77 said:

Haha apologies if hate spoilers, but good looking signing on paper fits the bill of a position we really needed, little bit of experience in the championship last year as well helps, wouldn’t be surprised to see him straight into the starting 11 tomorrow. 
Hopefully another sighting of the pen today!

Well done to Rhys and the club,  as stated we badly needed strengthened in this area,   heard the name before qué the calls of he's shite etc from opposing teams fans..   

Any more ITK info,  you called this one

Right ookkaayyy,  selection dilemma for the big game( doesn't take much)..

Do we move Ballantyne over to right back to replace Watson who has been great all season, drop Watson into centre half and bring in the new lad Hancock or drop ATS to the bench and bring in Hancock to partner  Fordyce and keep the 2 fullbacks the same,  decisions, decisions....

Just now, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Aberdeen fans highly rated him done well at Stirling two years ago was at Arbroath last year popped his knee which put him out for a good bit 

That's some fairly encyclopedic knowledge on a completely random signing.

12 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Right ookkaayyy,  selection dilemma for the big game( doesn't take much)..

Do we move Ballantyne over to right back to replace Watson who has been great all season, drop Watson into centre half and bring in the new lad Hancock or drop ATS to the bench and bring in Hancock to partner  Fordyce and keep the 2 fullbacks the same,  decisions, decisions....

Absolutely not. I've grown to really like him at full-back, but he's not a reliable centre back. I'd have any combination of Fordyce, ATS, Hancock or McCabe over him in there.

I also wouldn't bring Hancock in tomorrow. We're already going to have a different goalie, I think a settled back 4 will be needed.

59 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Well done to Rhys and the club,  as stated we badly needed strengthened in this area,   heard the name before qué the calls of he's shite etc from opposing teams fans..   

Any more ITK info,  you called this one

Goalie should be sorted for tomorrow.