The Partick Thistle Liquidation Waiting Room/Gravedancing shoe polishing Thread

12 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Fantasy scenario is Doolan turns out to be a miracle worker and scrambles together an island of misfit toys good enough to give us a couple of solid cup runs + still sneaks us into fourth.

Ironically this is what McCall used to be good at. 

Looks like Partick bet the farm on getting promoted.  I'm sure they'll muddle through but quite likely the standard of their team will be much reduced next season. Tiffoney already away and probably a lot more to follow.

24 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Looks like Partick bet the farm on getting promoted. 

I don’t think it’s so much that so much as Jacqui Low simply doesn’t understand budgeting. Like at all.

Last time she left, we had to honour the nonsense budget she’d given Gary fucking Caldwell, so had to cancel team busses and stuff like that. And I suspect it would’ve been much worse back then had Fitzpatrick not gone to Norwich and Lindsay’s sell on fee not come through.

The woman’s a fucking moron. 

If clubs are relying on increasing fan generosity just to keep the lights on, then either full time wages for players isn't viable or they need to generate more revenue/stop wasting money.

To quote Mark Twain “the reports of Thistle’ demise are greatly exaggerated”, going by this afternoon’s announcement of a substantial  TJF cash injection and a rash of investors lining up …..to quote Winston Ingram……”roon yays”.

5 hours ago, GiGi said:

If clubs are relying on increasing fan generosity just to keep the lights on, then either full time wages for players isn't viable or they need to generate more revenue/stop wasting money.

Not sure you’ve been paying attention or need an history lesson.Anyway, every club needs investment, even Morton. Maybe the difference is that the Thistle supporters step up when needed rather than let the club go into administration.

20 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

To quote Mark Twain “the reports of Thistle’ demise are greatly exaggerated”, going by this afternoon’s announcement of a substantial  TJF cash injection and a rash of investors lining up …..to quote Winston Ingram……”roon yays”.

Maybe enough for a part-time model? 

4 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Not sure you’ve been paying attention or need an history lesson.Anyway, every club needs investment, even Morton. Maybe the difference is that the Thistle supporters step up when needed rather than let the club go into administration.

Morton have literally moved to fan ownership in the last 2 seasons you absolute fud.

Begrudging respect for Morton's fan ownership journey. I'm just delighted that our own fundraising efforts are now comparable. It's been a tough year but there is a unity at the Club now that there hasn't been in years.

The absolute pies on here 😂

We're not in a great place, but we're not terminal. A season or 2 of belt-tightening, a wee bit of fundraising amongst ourselves, and HUMBLE acceptance of where we end up in the league (even relegation, yes), and we'll be at least on an even keel.

We'll just have to accept Morton levels of success for a wee while.

13 minutes ago, baba douche said:

The absolute pies on here 😂

We're not in a great place, but we're not terminal. A season or 2 of belt-tightening, a wee bit of fundraising amongst ourselves, and HUMBLE acceptance of where we end up in the league (even relegation, yes), and we'll be at least on an even keel.

And yet if you had simply tried this in the first place after 2020 - instead of concocting a Liverpool-esque, false narrative of injustice and getting revenge on Scottish football!!!11111!!!! - then your gormless and gullible fanbase wouldn't have to fork out to keep the lights on. 

Still some work to do in the humility front I see, but only to be expected after you came so close* to having your ludicrous scheme pay off for you. 

Spoiler

But still failed. 

5a3071fcb1526_efecig.png.4623aab61af0f7be0e9c950f7cb25a05.png.4926386a451e03132b6430417307eb2f.png.af6f023ba061bd735019e0c0bc373194.png

I think we'll be OK. The Jags Foundation can be prone to sensational word choice in their statements, usually followed by a 'sign up to-day!' plea. I'm not necessarily expecting great things on the pitch next season though. I think we'd have struggled badly in the Premiership in any case.

Some fairly predictable patter here from fans of some teams who bitterly hate the Jags, like Ayr and Greenock, who have much smaller supports, play in crumbling husks of stadiums which make Firhill look like the Allianz Arena, and havn't made the top tier since the late 70s/80s respectively, before I was born.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

And yet if you had simply tried this in the first place after 2020 - instead of concocting a Liverpool-esque, false narrative of injustice and getting revenge on Scottish football!!!11111!!!! - then your gormless and gullible fanbase wouldn't have to fork out to keep the lights on. 

Still some work to do in the humility front I see, but only to be expected after you came so close* to having your ludicrous scheme pay off for you. 

Reveal hidden contents

But still failed. 

5a3071fcb1526_efecig.png.4623aab61af0f7be0e9c950f7cb25a05.png.4926386a451e03132b6430417307eb2f.png.af6f023ba061bd735019e0c0bc373194.png

Every club finding itself in the same position would have felt the same injustice, as Hearts and Stranraer did. Did I wish we hadn’t taken legal action against the league or SFA or whoever it was, of course I do. But, as far as I know, that had nothing to do with where we are, as we didn’t pay for that.

40 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Some fairly predictable patter here from fans of some teams who bitterly hate the Jags, like Ayr and Greenock, who have much smaller supports, play in crumbling husks of stadiums which make Firhill look like the Allianz Arena, and havn't made the top tier since the late 70s/80s respectively, before I was born.

In fairness, we’re broadly getting far more sympathy than I expected we would, save from a couple of the usual bitter oddballs from Inverclyde.

Maybe that’s because it’s quite obvious to most that Jacqui Low was a leech and a charlatan who essentially stole control of our club and there was nothing the fans could really do at the time. Either way, I expected more ‘grave dancing’ type posts than there’s really been.