Premiership - new strips 2023/24.

30 minutes ago, AJF said:

I just wanted to check my understanding of this - is it implying the Northern Lights kit first day sales is greater than the total sales of both kits last year? So, Aberdeen sold less than 2,300 home and away kits combined for the whole of last season? Surely that can't be right. Or does it mean launch day sales only?

Launch day. 

32 minutes ago, AJF said:

I just wanted to check my understanding of this - is it implying the Northern Lights kit first day sales is greater than the total sales of both kits last year? So, Aberdeen sold less than 2,300 home and away kits combined for the whole of last season? Surely that can't be right. Or does it mean launch day sales only?

Perhaps it just means that the majority of Aberdeen fans have more sense than to buy replica kits. After all they have a reputation for being careful with their money.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Totally understandable in regard to cycling, garish colours and maximum visibility and hell mend any fashion sense. You simply cannot trust car drivers to have any awareness. I also applaud your reticence in regard to Ineos. Considering it's a Radcliffe company and he went all in with his Brexit bullshit, I would never let anything Ineos, or Radcliffe related, to taint my cupboard.

Once again, someone who is not young (and that isn't a dig, I wouldn't consider myself young either), proclaiming that the young will definitely be interested. There is simply no basis of fact there. What's more, the bit in bold, is a correlational stretch to say the least. The less charitable amongst us might wager the good shirt sales only says one thing, that Aberdeen fans have no sense of fashion. Which, to be fair, after living in the city for 5 years, is certainly not a correlation but an undeniable fact!

I'm not damning Aberdeen for trying something different, it sometimes works sometimes it doesn't (our JD Sports demonstrates the latter expertly) but you feel the decision to make "a shirt that might appeal to the younger generation", was made by old white men sitting at a corporate lunch, rather than after dialogue with those "young fans".

I presume Aberdeen didn't put any designs to a public vote? Again, not a dig, we've not done so this year (I think because we've changed manufacturer and are probably locked into the default design in the first season, probably with a slight discount for doing so), but we have in the past. I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure that when we've had a vote, the club has always chosen the fans' selection over their preferred on. Maybe a St Mirren fan could clarify that.

Word salad.

Showed it to my kids and 2 of them are desperate for it. The other isn't arsed about football but will want it when they both have it.

It's almost like the Adidas marketing team might have an idea about what will and won't sell well.

2 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

It's almost like the Adidas marketing team might have an idea about what will and won't sell well.

This is it in a nutshell.

And it looks like they've got it spot on with the 'Northern Lights' design. I would imagine the Red Shed will be awash with them in August.

4 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Word salad.

Showed it to my kids and 2 of them are desperate for it. The other isn't arsed about football but will want it when they both have it.

It’ll sell better than the £110 Arsenal ‘invincibles season’ authentic tribute shirt that they just fcuked up and have recalled. 🤪

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

It’ll sell better than the £110 Arsenal ‘invincibles season’ authentic tribute shirt that they just fcuked up and have recalled. 🤪

Which isn't a marketing issue?

And I guess you are being flippant but I think it might outsells ours slightly 😂 

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I'm not sure why fans of other clubs are writing a thesis on the Aberdeen away strip. Strips are basically t-shirts with advertising on them, just like loads of other non football t-shirts, and are there to make money for the club which this seems to be. Also love at this time of year the cool kids saying that "old people" shouldn't wear strips, or that they wouldn't be seen dead in one. And yes, I do usually get one and do wear it, normally just to matches.

This must be your first “Ric” encounter.

Really like this one. The sleeve cuffs matching the collar is what we should’ve got with the home top.

I’m undecided whether it would’ve looked nicer without the stripes with a more plain look, but very nice nonetheless, IMO.

Edited by AJF

58 minutes ago, AJF said:

Really like this one. The sleeve cuffs matching the collar is what we should’ve got with the home top.

I’m undecided whether it would’ve looked nicer without the stripes with a more plain look, but very nice nonetheless, IMO.

That's actually quite a nice shirt. The stripes though, are not going to look great on anyone carrying extra weight around the belly! 

Aberdeen away top is by a long way the best this season so far. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

That's a perfectly fine shirt, but lets itself down with the classic schoolboy error of striped front / plain back. Castore managed to get it right on the Newcastle shirt.

What colour are the shorts and socks? Blue shorts and white socks would look tidy.

Edited by Enrico Pallazzo

10 minutes ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

That's a perfectly fine shirt, but lets itself down with the classic schoolboy error of striped front / plain back. Castore managed to get it right on the Newcastle shirt.

What colour are the shorts and socks? Blue shorts and white socks would look tidy.

It is indeed blue shorts and white socks.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I like it. The only thing that lets it down is the Rangers badge.