Premiership - new strips 2023/24.

On 23/06/2023 at 23:54, RandomGuy. said:

It the circle of life for Hearts now isn't it?

Appoint Neilson -> Get Promoted -> Finish 3rd -> Struggle next season/sack Neilson during season -> Get relegated -> Appoint Neilson

Some may say it’s the natural order of things.

On 23/06/2023 at 23:22, Empty It said:

Can't have a maroon home top with a pink away top surely?

We had an image of the top of the stand on last years top so anything is possible as shirt makers get progressively more batshit mental.

44 minutes ago, AndyM said:

We had an image of the top of the stand on last years top so anything is possible as shirt makers get progressively more batshit mental.

Aye I've noticed football tops are looking more and more like rugby tops every year with the designs.

Our new top is a bit meh. It's alright, but a bit plain for our 150th anniversary shirt. Don't quite know what I expected, but not that anyway.

Dundee and Hibs kits are begrudgingly quite smart. Rangers home top is one of their better efforts in recent years. Undecided on the Aberdeen one. In some lights it looks brilliant, in some lights it looks pretty weird. In some ways a brilliant shirt though.

2 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

Our new top is a bit meh. It's alright, but a bit plain for our 150th anniversary shirt. Don't quite know what I expected, but not that anyway.

Dundee and Hibs kits are begrudgingly quite smart. Rangers home top is one of their better efforts in recent years. Undecided on the Aberdeen one. In some lights it looks brilliant, in some lights it looks pretty weird. In some ways a brilliant shirt though.

A kid in my street was running around with the Hearts shirt on. It looks ok, nothing spectacular and I'm not really sold on the cobbles thing. I do prefer a white collar on a Hearts or Hibs shirt. Umbro never made a better Hearts shirt than this I reckon.  

image.thumb.png.117593e790459b01879a118e893da4a8.png

Edited by AndyM

32 minutes ago, AndyM said:

A kid in my street was running around with the Hearts shirt on. It looks ok, nothing spectacular and I'm not really sold on the cobbles thing. I do prefer a white collar on a Hearts or Hibs shirt. Umbro never made a better Hearts shirt than this I reckon.  

I'm a sucker for a collared shirt at the best of times, and retro looking shirts seems to be the flavour at the moment so I really hoped for a throwback here. The shirt reminds me a wee bit of when we had Puma. Very bland for an Umbro effort. The cobbles thing is a nice wee nod to our history I guess but a very minimalistic approach nonetheless. I think I'd prefer the cobbles to just all be a darker shade on the shirt, as opposed to the wee white line going down the sleeves.

One of our original shirts was the infamous white with red and blue hoops, and while it would no doubt cause some controversy, I wonder if we'll see that reflected in any of the other tops. Although, the maroon colours came about due to the colours running in the wash, causing a sort of 2-tone maroon hooped shirt. That would've been interesting.

1 hour ago, AndyM said:

Lex Richardson sporting a Saints kit also made by Umbro and, like you say, one of the best ever.

On 09/06/2023 at 16:02, Theyellowbox said:

Both the Dundee and Rangers kits look utter pish. Although, I fully expect St Johnstone to trump both of them.

Rangers seem to have a knack of producing kits that both look instantly un distinguishable from prior seasons and already dated before they are actually released. 

As a Rangers supporter I concur wholeheartedly with this post. I have no idea how this differs from any recent shirt. 

Then again, I'm a middle aged man, so I wouldn't be buying one. Maybe the strip nerds can explain the subtle yet essential differences that require the outlay of another gazillion quid for a t shirt. 

16 minutes ago, Renfrewblue said:

As a Rangers supporter I concur wholeheartedly with this post. I have no idea how this differs from any recent shirt. 

Then again, I'm a middle aged man, so I wouldn't be buying one. Maybe the strip nerds can explain the subtle yet essential differences that require the outlay of another gazillion quid for a t shirt. 

Isn't that their target demographic? It certainly seems that way, especially in the summer months when so many (often overweight) middle aged men take great delight in letting everyone know that they support Rangers (or Celtic, I have no skin in the game).

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

This isn’t going down well, what are Adidas doing 🐍

Shocking. Tell the Green Brigade to get the bedsheets, paint pots, and shitey typeface looked out. A protest is in order.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Isn't that their target demographic? It certainly seems that way, especially in the summer months when so many (often overweight) middle aged men take great delight in letting everyone know that they support Rangers (or Celtic, I have no skin in the game).

It may well be, but in my opinion, any middle aged man buying and wearing a football strip other than to play football in, is a sad sack and possibly for the watching. 

They don't suit you unless you're a regular at the gym or a teenager. 

I wear football tops at weekends, simply because its always the first thing i find when i look for something to wear.