Premiership - new strips 2023/24.

Cursed to be worn once, in a miserable rainy night in Perth in February, during a forgettable 1-1 draw. 

38 minutes ago, AJF said:

The size of the badge ruins that slightly IMO

It's obviously a bit bigger than normal, but I think a sa nod to the original it works. But Hearts fans will be biased and probably less objective tbf.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I like the oversized badge.

It's perfect for the 150th anniversary strip. It catches the spirit of the 1874 kit perfectly.

8 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Hearts win. Strip is fantastic, but that video is on a different level. Not even a hearts fan, but that would stir pretty much anyone to want to buy it! 

The woman wasn't in the video but is in the pics.  

38 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

IMG_2091.thumb.jpeg.72c9ce01a4090884be3991f79739c169.jpeg

Did we cover Dundee United’s tribute to their magnificent overlords? I couldn’t see anything in the last few pages.

Presumably this was decided before their magnificent overlords lost to a bunch of Andorran minnows.

Championship forum for this pish

11 hours ago, AJF said:

That's an understatement, and I get that there is the whole historical thing, but....

"OOOoooft" levels of ugliness.

..to be fair we had an anniversary kit, based on our first strip, and it looked god awful too. The badge wasn't ugly as sin, though.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

That's an understatement, and I get that there is the whole historical thing, but....

"OOOoooft" levels of ugliness.

..to be fair we had an anniversary kit, based on our first strip, and it looked god awful too. The badge wasn't ugly as sin, though.

I actually really like the kit other than the badge to be fair. I just feel the badge is a bit too much “in your face” (whilst appreciating its trying to be historically accurate) that it spoils it slightly

ETA: it reminds me of our anniversary kit (no laughing in the back please) which is why I think I like it, but prefer the more subtle badge on ours.

IMG_1200.jpeg

Edited by AJF

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I actually really like the kit other than the badge to be fair. I just feel the badge is a bit too much “in your face” (whilst appreciating its trying to be historically accurate) that it spoils it slightly

Totally.

I wouldn't go so far as saying I really like it, but I do like the "retro clean-ness" of the strip, but as you say, that badge, irrespective of historical accuracy, is minging.

17 minutes ago, Ric said:

Totally.

I wouldn't go so far as saying I really like it, but I do like the "retro clean-ness" of the strip, but as you say, that badge, irrespective of historical accuracy, is minging.

I like the idea of that Hearts strip too, but if historical accuracy is a thing, then you can clearly see from the old photo that the heart badge is clearly a more defined heart shape than the big maroon blob on the new shirt. There’s also no maroon trim on the sleeves of the old photo. If the new strip is merely ‘based on’ the old one, then fair enough, add the maroon sleeve trim, but come on, have a crest more resembling a heart, not a big maroon blobby shape.

082FF175-2CCA-466A-AC57-F895E50C9576.jpeg

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

I like the idea of that Hearts strip too, but if historical accuracy is a thing, then you can clearly see from the old photo that the heart badge is clearly a more defined heart shape than the big maroon blob on the new shirt. There’s also no maroon trim on the sleeves of the old photo. If the new strip is merely ‘based on’ the old one, then fair enough, add the maroon sleeve trim, but come on, have a crest more resembling a heart, not a big maroon blobby shape.

082FF175-2CCA-466A-AC57-F895E50C9576.jpeg

They are also wearing long trousers, and if Hearts could return to that tradition when they play us then that would be just fine.

Odd, though, as you say, that the badge is not as historical as the image shows. No idea why they chose the design they did. Perhaps a tip of the hat to women footballers and their issues with all white strips.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

They are also wearing long trousers, and if Hearts could return to that tradition when they play us then that would be just fine.

Odd, though, as you say, that the badge is not as historical as the image shows. No idea why they chose the design they did. Perhaps a tip of the hat to women footballers and their issues with all white strips.

Fair point. Looking again at that historical B&W photo, in 2023, Hearts should indeed run out for the new season in long johns, with one team member assigned a shirt like the bloke second from the left - the ‘ooh la la’ low cut version. They should also pose for a team photo and balance a big heavy leather ball on their captain’s napper.

Come on Hearts.