Premiership - new strips 2023/24.

5 minutes ago, Widge said:

I like the concept of the Aberdeen kit, but the execution isn't quite there, it's even worse when you realise it's a plain black back. Although kudos for trying something different. 

It's wildy different compared with the understated white away kit that was universally loved last year.

You need three kits for Europe so it needs to be different but it's a bit wild.

The kids will definitely want it though.

15 minutes ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

To be fair, it doesn't look so bad in natural daylight. After a very traditional change strip last season, it was always ripe for something a bit more "out there".

Definitely one for the kids though.

afc-23-24-away.png

Aye, in that picture it looks fairly decent, to be fair.

On 16/06/2023 at 10:34, Fide said:

Not strictly a premier league kit, but since they almost got promoted, i think we can all be allowed a chuckle at the new Partick goalie top. Ooft. 

20230616_103208.thumb.jpg.8bccf09bf2e6cb0a99d742675b4be093.jpg

Reminds me of when i was in Primary school and we had to bring in an old T shirt to do tie dye on it.

Or they got the keeper to stand there and be hit with paint balls.

2 hours ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

To be fair, it doesn't look so bad in natural daylight. After a very traditional change strip last season, it was always ripe for something a bit more "out there".

Definitely one for the kids though.

afc-23-24-away.png

That's so completely wrong that I quite like it - as @DrewDon said it I reckon it will look great under floodlights.  Shame I won't see it at Dens.

I really like it. Always been an advocate for a traditional/simple home kit and then do something different and/or daft with away/3rd kits. This certainly fits the bill. It's got a good theme and looks much better in the picture of Clarkson wearing it than in the headless, white background photo on the last page. 

A navy / midnight blue background would have been better than black, but I expect the club shop to sell them in their thousands, and that's all that counts in the end from the club's perspective.

Now the question is, will The Dons "home" shirt stay with a traditional or retro look in line with last years (fantastic) kit, or will it take a similar path and go a bit rogue?

Yeah, I really like that Aberdeen kit.  As has been said, keep the home top as traditional as possible and just go fucking mental with the away kit.  I assume the plain black back is because of Aberdeen being in Europe and UEFA insistence on plain backs?

Hopefully Aberdeen wear it at Fir Park next season.

I haven't bought a replica shirt in the past 10 years but I will purchase the Northern Lights one. I think it looks smart and totally different to anything I've seen the club produce.

I'd love to see a Scottish sides have the courage to produce a top like the Japan special kit (2023) or the South Korea top below. I'd honestly buy it if Aberdeen did it. 

image.thumb.png.0fe3548ab011df2bc57042c29669d8ef.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at 9.33.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at 9.33.41 AM.png

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I haven't bought a replica shirt in the past 10 years but I will purchase the Northern Lights one. I think it looks smart and totally different to anything I've seen the club produce.

I'd love to see a Scottish sides have the courage to produce a top like the Japan special kit (2023) or the South Korea top below. I'd honestly buy it if Aberdeen did it. 

image.thumb.png.0fe3548ab011df2bc57042c29669d8ef.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at 9.33.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at 9.33.41 AM.png

The Nairn County third top is still on sale and all for a good cause as well.

image.thumb.png.cd0688d1d3954a5bea4c455c88f9e3be.png

https://store.hopeandglorysportswear.co.uk/product/nairn-county-fc-3rd-shirt