Elgin City 23-24

11 hours ago, Super Elgin City said:

As feared by I think even the most positive Elgin fan, an awful start to the league season. Have as many strikers as you want if you don't create chances you won't score goals. Depressing stuff

Yep no creativity in midfield or out wide.

On 26/08/2023 at 12:49, 1993 said:

Heard a bit of gossip that a managerial change is in the offing. Even more to worry about if true.

I just came on to type this as I had just heard. Could be nonsense but if it’s true we are in bigger trouble on and off the park than I thought 

Exactly the rumour I heard to that draper walked out might not be true though and goes to show there must be big problems with the board as well especially now gleaner oils has appointed a six figure some to moray rugby club after leaving with that fiasco they had

Don’t think Draper has walked out but think he just wants a playing role. As for Scott, says he is a life long supporter but when he doesn’t get his own way, takes the huff over an email. A lot of money to lose I admit but  maybe better without him in the long run. Worrying times though.

I feel for Elgin supporters. Club have appeared in turmoil both on & off the park for months. I live fairly local to Elgin but tend to take in HL games but keep a keen eye on Elgin City. Why is it taking so long for Barry Smith to be appointed when its been 2 weeks since Draper informed the players he was stepping down? That must be unsettling for the players knowing the current manager isn’t actually the manager. Why make that call when new manager not ready or in a position to take the helm. Word of Tatters coming back to only slash the budget isn’t a good look also to his already tarnished reputation. Thankfully for Elgin it appears that both Clyde and East Fife are equally as poor otherwise it could be a long season ahead. 

Who’s made the call? As far as I know it’s all rumour and nothing official from the club about Smith coming in. How do you know Tatters is slashing the budget? Benzie has been the power behind the throne as far as financials are concerned for several years now.

6 minutes ago, 1993 said:

Who’s made the call? As far as I know it’s all rumour and nothing official from the club about Smith coming in. How do you know Tatters is slashing the budget? Benzie has been the power behind the throne as far as financials are concerned for several years now.

It cannot be rumour when the current manager has told the players and its been around the local area for weeks? Maybe it is rumour but too many of the same story for it just to be coincidence. Again re Tatters its all rumour but “rumour” is he is back in seat and reduced the budget. I’m not in the know - just feeding back what I hear around the area. 

I heard the Draper rumour a few weeks ago and I’ve no doubt it’s true but you implied Elgin made the call and it’s unsettling the players and questioning why make the call before Smith was in place? As far as I’ve heard it’s Draper that has told the players and know one else. 

8 minutes ago, 1993 said:

I heard the Draper rumour a few weeks ago and I’ve no doubt it’s true but you implied Elgin made the call and it’s unsettling the players and questioning why make the call before Smith was in place? As far as I’ve heard it’s Draper that has told the players and know one else. 

Apologies for picking me up the wrong way. I simply meant I found it strange that Draper had apparently informed the players of his decision to move aside 2 weeks ago if the new manager wasn’t ready to take over. Surely when a club is fighting for valuable points its not the best situation for the squad (& Draper) to be in. Was the only point I was trying to make so apologies if that failed to come across. 

The silence is infuriating. He's either leaving or he's not.  Given the rumours have been flying about for a couple of weeks now, a normal club would be wanting to give some sort of indication as to what is happening. Not ours though. We're just the mugs that keep the club afloat, definitely dinna need to be ITK.

What you wanting them to say? Draper wants to be a player only but has agreed to stay on till they find a manager, seems to be the general consensus of opinion but might not be the case. Don’t think they need to comment on every rumour, if and when we have a new manager or we don’t have a manager then I would expect some sort of statement.