2023-24 Challenge Cup

Buckets

12 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

The club probably think with Raith being on good form they will bring a reasonable enough support they can justify charging this and the last Friday night game we played had a slight spike in attendance. Still agree it’s unreasonable.

However it’s more of a disgrace they are charging £20 to watch us play a team we’ll already play 4 times this season in Kelty the following week in the Scottish Cup.

So for me I’ll probably only go to one of them that being the Raith game since there’s a bit more intrigue for me to see how this team do against a good championship team.

Probably quite well I would suspect. 2 of our centre halfs are injured and the another got himself sent off yesterday.

Not sure if I'm coming through for this one, Hamilton isn't too far for me to travel but the prices are a bit steep for a diddy cup game and I still have bad memories of the horrific pie i had their last season!

On 08/11/2023 at 11:04, McGuigan1978 said:

Hamilton charging £20 for a Challenge Cup tie feels pretty wild. I’ve loads on that weekend but was still going to head through, but think I’ll pass at that. 

TNS charging us a tenner. £2 for under 16s 

On 08/11/2023 at 20:41, peternapper said:

Did Rangers B manage to field a team of international stars that were not going to be available for the original date? and still get beat

They did manage to field 26 year old english youth prodigy Kieran Dowell.

Good to see the future of Scottish football is in safe hands, right enough...

On 08/11/2023 at 11:04, McGuigan1978 said:

Hamilton charging £20 for a Challenge Cup tie feels pretty wild. I’ve loads on that weekend but was still going to head through, but think I’ll pass at that. 

£20 is a bit steep but free entry for u16s is decent.

This will only be the second game of the season I miss including all pre-season and cup games. 

We’ve had our fun in the challenge cup and a run of away games doesn’t help tempt interest for this even though I’m still buzzing from Saturday.

Give Hannah a run out at LB, Dick & Masson CB with McGill on the right. 

45 mins each for Stanton & Brown. Rest Vaughan & Smith and give Gullan and Hamilton 90 to get them back up to speed. Maybe 45 each for Connolly and Easton also.

Always good to win a cup and Hamilton had that joy last season. Reality is however they would’ve swapped in to stay in the championship…Strongly fancied Falkirk for the league from the start and wouldn’t fancy any league 1 team vs second bottom of the championship as it’s only Morton so far who look lesser than all other teams.

8 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

This will only be the second game of the season I miss including all pre-season and cup games. 

We’ve had our fun in the challenge cup and a run of away games doesn’t help tempt interest for this even though I’m still buzzing from Saturday.

Give Hannah a run out at LB, Dick & Masson CB with McGill on the right. 

45 mins each for Stanton & Brown. Rest Vaughan & Smith and give Gullan and Hamilton 90 to get them back up to speed. Maybe 45 each for Connolly and Easton also.

Always good to win a cup and Hamilton had that joy last season. Reality is however they would’ve swapped in to stay in the championship…Strongly fancied Falkirk for the league from the start and wouldn’t fancy any league 1 team vs second bottom of the championship as it’s only Morton so far who look lesser than all other teams.

Oddly enough, we know that if we were to make it through to the final we'll do so without any home ties at all. Two away games in the rounds we've been in so far, away on Saturday, and away in the semi-final if we make it past Morton. Only the four games, mind, so not that odd, but it is a bit of a quirk.

3 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Scratch that. Free entry for u16s scrapped after being advertised online for about 10 mins.

We are still run by complete incompetents .Also, once again, charging the same discount price v Kelty in the league, fiver for everybody. So a massive saving for the adults, most of them will be wage earners. Not so much of a saving for the kids and pensioners. But nobody else seems to care. 

15 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Scratch that. Free entry for u16s scrapped after being advertised online for about 10 mins.

Genuinely cannot get my head around this. I’d saw the initial long winded message saying under 16’s were free, and that it had been deleted, but presumed there was some kind of small error in the tweet and they’d correct whatever it was. 

I hadn’t actually considered that the error was the entire message.  

Also, fair play to them saying that they “inadvertently” said there would be free entry to the game. It wasn’t an accident, it was the entire purpose of the message. 

Edited by McGuigan1978

27 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Genuinely cannot get my head around this. I’d saw the initial long winded message saying under 16’s were free, and that it had been deleted, but presumed there was some kind of small error in the tweet and they’d correct whatever it was. 

I hadn’t actually considered that the error was the entire message.  

Also, fair play to them saying that they “inadvertently” said there would be free entry to the game. It wasn’t an accident, it was the entire purpose of the message. 

Because we have had a decent start to the season a lotof fans seem to have forgotten a lot of the nonsense of last season but we still have some morons involved in running the club.

On 13/11/2023 at 20:02, Chapelhall chap said:

Off to Cappielow again and I presume we can be under cover in the narrow spaced seats of the main stand?

Think the prices are a tenner for the older gentlemen which is much better than Hamilton? 

No idea how the game will pan out. 

Never like quoting my own post but why on earth do Greenock Morton think it's fair to offer no choice except that so called seated area behind the goals, whilst the main west stand area remains largely unused? 

4 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Never like quoting my own post but why on earth do Greenock Morton think it's fair to offer no choice except that so called seated area behind the goals, whilst the main west stand area remains largely unused? 

It's not very often that you hear people say they'd rather be In the stand than the Wee Dublin End.

11 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Agree. Anyone with legs would surely rather be behind the goal

I get it that it's not the greatest leg room in the stand but the weather forecast for Saturday outdoor is unpleasant, and choice ought to be possible in this case. It will be my third visit to Cappielow in a short spell and indeed it was much better standing behind the barrier in the cowshed. 

Still hoping for a good match having dumped the Colts out! 

Cheers 

On 14/11/2023 at 09:55, FuzzyBear said:

Yep, £10 for O65 and U18 is a good as it gets. Poor decision, would love to know who agreed to what. What is the Accies PATG for a League match?

Sorry I didn’t scratch the first reply quick enough Fuzzy.

15 hours ago, TxRover said:

Yep, £10 for O65 and U18 is a good as it gets. Poor decision, would love to know who agreed to what. What is the Accies PATG for a League match?

Sorry I didn’t scratch the first reply quick enough Fuzzy.

Cup Ties are a grey area for offering free entry, as we would be reducing your share of the gate versus selling.

You can do it, but we'd need to make that loss up to you so would lose money.

We have some eejits behind the scenes, though - I could take a good guess at who posted that info. I could also take a good guess at who highlighted it was a bad idea.

I don't know if it can be done if both clubs agree to it, but I strongly suspect we won't have asked you anyway.

Our normal PATG is £20.

I'm looking forward to this game - we've got a real chance IMO of making it back to the Final if we can get through this tie. If we play like we did against Livingston in the League Cup I think we have a chance.

More importantly, however, it's a competitive game against a good side from the league above. It will help give an idea where we are as a squad, which will be useful should we manage to drag ourselves out of L1 or (hopefully not) have the playoffs to negotiate.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Entirely possible that Morton are going to have to throw a 16 year old into the starting XI tomorrow, with six injuries plus Tyler French being cup-tied having played for Dundee B and Steven Boyd suspended. Unless Power or Muirhead are fit as the short-term absentees who missed last week, we'll only have 11 available outfielders including the two 16 year olds who've been making up the numbers on the bench.