2023-24 Challenge Cup

Buckets

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Entirely possible that Morton are going to have to throw a 16 year old into the starting XI tomorrow, with six injuries plus Tyler French being cup-tied having played for Dundee B and Steven Boyd suspended. Unless Power or Muirhead are fit as the short-term absentees who missed last week, we'll only have 11 available outfielders including the two 16 year olds who've been making up the numbers on the bench.

Not wholeheartedly against the idea. McGregor and King were similar ages when they were thrown in against Kilmarnock at Rugby Park in the league cup. I'd probably rather they both start instead of throwing in 2 players who are still recovering from injuries, but still have them as options off the bench. Would be nice to make the semis but it's not worth risking losing more first team players ahead of some important games.

6 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't know if it can be done if both clubs agree to it, but I strongly suspect we won't have asked you anyway.

Our normal PATG is £20.

Cup prices are agreed by the teams, with a mandated minimum, unless agreement can’t be reached,,and then it’s the host teams standard league ticket price. Do you have a normal O65/U18 £10 ticket too?

6 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I’m looking forward to this game - we've got a real chance IMO of making it back to the Final if we can get through this tie. If we play like we did against Livingston in the League Cup I think we have a chance.

More importantly, however, it's a competitive game against a good side from the league above. It will help give an idea where we are as a squad, which will be useful should we manage to drag ourselves out of L1 or (hopefully not) have the playoffs to negotiate.

We suspect we’ll roll out the limited bench players we have, and there’s speculation you might roll with the reserves…it will be interesting, as Tumilty (if he plays) would likely rinse Hannah, so I’m not sure I believe that IM will risk that with the CB issue pending.

54 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Cup prices are agreed by the teams, with a mandated minimum, unless agreement can’t be reached,,and then it’s the host teams standard league ticket price. Do you have a normal O65/U18 £10 ticket too?

Yes, true, but the minimum is not zero meaning we'd need to pay Raith's share of every free ticket "sold" at the minimum value.

Yes we do have £10 tickets for O65 / U18

56 minutes ago, TxRover said:

there’s speculation you might roll with the reserves

I'm not convinced of this at all. We've made plenty noise about wanting to retain the trophy, and played a strong side in every round so far. Would be strange to deviate from this at this stage.

I spoke to Tumilty yesterday - he was upbeat about our chances. No reason to suspect he won't be play.

24 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Yes, true, but the minimum is not zero meaning we'd need to pay Raith's share of every free ticket "sold" at the minimum value.

Yes we do have £10 tickets for O65 / U18

I'm not convinced of this at all. We've made plenty noise about wanting to retain the trophy, and played a strong side in every round so far. Would be strange to deviate from this at this stage.

I spoke to Tumilty yesterday - he was upbeat about our chances. No reason to suspect he won't be play.

OK, so the rules for this level in the challenge cup:

IMG_0664.thumb.jpeg.85a286e7ccbe1aa953457e8ac0926553.jpeg

Basically, if the free admission was agreed by both the Accies and Raith, there’s no fee due, as for the Quarters the only stipulation is a minimum adult £8 ticket price. The use of £20/£10 ticketing suggests either both teams agreed to it or the Accies said no to a reduced ticket price agreement and thus the default is required. I’d like to think that Raith would have been willing, but it’s unfair to speculate without information.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

We suspect we’ll roll out the limited bench players we have, and there’s speculation you might roll with the reserves…it will be interesting, as Tumilty (if he plays) would likely rinse Hannah, so I’m not sure I believe that IM will risk that with the CB issue pending.

You obviously know nothing about Hannah and show complete lack of respect for him.  What a great supporter 🤔

35 minutes ago, spot on said:

You obviously know nothing about Hannah and show complete lack of respect for him.  What a great supporter 🤔

Let’s see…Tumilty has played numerous games at the Championship level, Hannah is a young player with literally no first team experience beyond a few minutes on his debut. To suggest he would be vulnerable at LB if played, especially if Masson was in the middle with Dick, is pretty damn far from showing a lack of respect.

16 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Let’s see…Tumilty has played numerous games at the Championship level, Hannah is a young player with literally no first team experience beyond a few minutes on his debut. To suggest he would be vulnerable at LB if played, especially if Masson was in the middle with Dick, is pretty damn far from showing a lack of respect.

You didn’t say he would be vulnerable you said he would be rinsed there is a big difference. Nothing like encouraging our young players. For your info he is much better than your guess work suggests. Maybe needs a bit of encouragement and not a slagging from folk on the other side of the pond who haven’t even seen him play.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

OK, so the rules for this level in the challenge cup:

IMG_0664.thumb.jpeg.85a286e7ccbe1aa953457e8ac0926553.jpeg

Basically, if the free admission was agreed by both the Accies and Raith, there’s no fee due, as for the Quarters the only stipulation is a minimum adult £8 ticket price. The use of £20/£10 ticketing suggests either both teams agreed to it or the Accies said no to a reduced ticket price agreement and thus the default is required. I’d like to think that Raith would have been willing, but it’s unfair to speculate without information.

They probably would have been. However like I said originally I doubt we even thought to ask.

I don’t know much about the Welsh league but TNS being 1/3 to beat Arbroath tomorrow am I missing something? 

Seems for our game it could be a struggle for either side to get a strong team on the park due to injuries, cup tied players and I’m assuming 1 or 2 on internationals (ATS). 

2 hours ago, spot on said:

You didn’t say he would be vulnerable you said he would be rinsed there is a big difference. Nothing like encouraging our young players. For your info he is much better than your guess work suggests. Maybe needs a bit of encouragement and not a slagging from folk on the other side of the pond who haven’t even seen him play.

To give TX his due he has been a regular supporter of young players being given a chance over the last couple of seasons. Hannah may turn out to he an excellent player but has had little minutes so far. 

1 minute ago, Rael Rover said:

To give TX his due he has been a regular supporter of young players being given a chance over the last couple of seasons. Hannah may turn out to he an excellent player but has had little minutes so far. 

Appreciate that, Rael…

2 hours ago, spot on said:

You can be as big a fan of Hannah as you desire, but there are facts here. Tumilty is an excellent attacking RB (his defending is horrible, but that’s not the question) with a huge amount of experience. Hannah has played exactly 17” against Montrose. If you believe for a second that Hannah could be expected to hold his own in those circumstances, you’re delusional. I love Hannah”s size and the hustle he showed in those 17” minutes…but Masson has a wealth more experience than Hannah, and is still struggling to get any playing time. There is a way to ease young players into the game and give them experience, and against Tumilty tonight was not it. IF we had Murray and Watson in the middle, it might have been a possible choice, but it’s still very likely that playing against a talented attacking RB like that would dent Hannah’s confidence.

If it had been a team like Falkirk we faced, I would have been suggesting perhaps Dick to CB and Hannah in at LB because they lack a proper RB. Against the Accies, we’d risk destroying Hannah’s confidence way too early. I in no way slagged him, BTW, so you can take that accusation and tell it to my face next month!