First Divison 23/24

1 hour ago, Patrickb95 said:

Burgh game off again

They're maybe gonna need their pots of cash to keep paying their players way into June.

Unfortunately so will some of their opponents!!

Johnstone Burgh 6 Cambuslang Rangers 1

Lang keeper kept the score from being double figures, to be honest.

Lots of interested neutrals on a very cold and wet night.

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

Lucky if there was much more than a 100 people there.

6 hours ago, glensmad said:

Cambuslang really are a shadow of their former self, sad to see & was in the paper they are skint. Most clubs survive via sponsorship, club lottery, events & the likes so why can't Cambuslang be some what self sustainable?

58 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

Cambuslang really are a shadow of their former self, sad to see & was in the paper they are skint. Most clubs survive via sponsorship, club lottery, events & the likes so why can't Cambuslang be some what self sustainable?

Unfortunately as time goes by the core supporters drift away with no one stepping into there shoes.

The manager is doing well to get a team on the park and as much as the result looks bad they didn’t throw the towel in. They have one or two players that are decent at this level. 

2 hours ago, Mine Man said:

Unfortunately as time goes by the core supporters drift away with no one stepping into there shoes.

The manager is doing well to get a team on the park and as much as the result looks bad they didn’t throw the towel in. They have one or two players that are decent at this level. 

Yep, Owen McGinty always catches the eye when I watch Cambuslang, he scored a good goal last night and almost scored from the halfway line in the second half. He needs to cut out the diving though, he does a couple every time I watch him as well, he's better than that nonsense.

9 hours ago, glensmad said:

I agree but thought Cambuslang had a couple of decent player. McGinty started getting further up the park in the 2nd half getting more influence on the game and as you say in another post scored a good goal. Thought the big striker for Lang was decent, worked hard and gave the 2 Burgh CBs some issues.

Burgh deserved to win it and were good value for their 6 goals.

3 hours ago, AM-1 said:

unfortunately it seems to be very much a one man show, and I don’t know how keen people are to go and work with them while it remains so. There used to be a really good group of people behind the scenes there but they are all away now for various reasons.

i live pretty close to Somervell and they put a post out at the start of the season on social media looking for helpers on match days. I replied saying I could help some weeks, got a response asking for my number then never heard anything back.

took in the game last night there was a decent crowd for a very wet and cold night but JBFC were well worth their win 

58 minutes ago, cultured_left_foot said:

took in the game last night there was a decent crowd for a very wet and cold night.....

Yep, I spotted interested neutrals from Glencairn, Gartcairn, Troon, Neilston, East Kilbride FC, and a few other currently unattached managers/coaches.

Despite what Possil YM said, the crowd was very decent for a very cold and wet night, Burgh had a good support there.

42 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Just had a look at the league table and Blantyre vics could still get promoted and they have a negative goal difference , don’t think I’ve seen that before 

Crazy tight league, probably 6 or 7 teams still in the hunt for going up.

39 minutes ago, Johnny Sox said:

Crazy tight league, probably 6 or 7 teams still in the hunt for going up.

No big deal going up to a dead league were licensed clubs especially in Ayrshire are trying to figure out how to not get promoted to the LL.