Germany 2024

invergowrie arab

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

If we ended up second seeds in Germanys group I'd be happy with that. We'd fucking maul them right now.

Yeah, they're a right mess, but playing at home in a Finals is usually a big advantage (unless its bloody Hampden it seems)

In a neutral setting, then aye, that's the #1 seed you'd pick.

Gambled on Scotland not being opening match against Germany the Friday night, and booked a flight to Frankfurt early Saturday morning.  That realistically gives time to make all 3 Saturday matches via trains to Cologne and Dortmund, or internal flight to Berlin.

Hotels booked in various cities covering the 2 weeks, so will amend when the draw is made to suit.

2 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Gambled on Scotland not being opening match against Germany the Friday night, and booked a flight to Frankfurt early Saturday morning.  That realistically gives time to make all 3 Saturday matches via trains to Cologne and Dortmund, or internal flight to Berlin.

Hotels booked in various cities covering the 2 weeks, so will amend when the draw is made to suit.

Narrator: "Scotland were drawn in Group A and faced Germany in the opening game..."

20 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Worth noting that we're top of said overall ranking

Need to finish top 5 to be seeded 1st.

Can't finish top 10 unless you win the group.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2024_qualifying#Criteria_for_overall_ranking

Screenshot_20230910_111840_Chrome.jpg

I know there’s still a long way to go but seeing us ranked right at the top of the 53 team overall table is giving me a raging stauner. 

On 09/09/2023 at 18:02, rainbowrising said:

For a squad that is performing to an excellent level it is really disappointing to hear McGinn trotting out the usual shite of "only our wee country...." can f**k this up.

It tells you that kind of shite is still in the players heads despite how they are performing and the results they are producing, now. 

That historic attitude needs to get to f**k. 

I heard it, he was clearly having a laugh, calm doon and never dig out the meatball ever again, thanks.

On 09/09/2023 at 22:54, Khomini said:

Sorry folks, what's the thoughts on this thread? Book flights to Frankfurt and figure it out if/when we qualify and we know fixtures? I'm keen to do so but would rather do it knowing that a ton of us are gonna be in the same starting city. Seen Frankfurt mentioned a few times..

We ended up going with Frankfurt, it's pretty much right next to a good few host cities so seemed a decent base, easy train to most of them bar Hamburg and Berlin but even with them it's only 3 hours on the train, easily done. The flights and hotel cost were pretty decent, we were about £250ish in total, Fri - Mon 2nd round of fixtures.

1 hour ago, Connor7 said:

We are booked up got Cologne, 16th to the 23rd. Flying Edinburgh direct to Cologne, looking forward to it!

Is that with Eurowings? Just seen they allow you to change dates and routes free of charge as many times as you like, which could be very handy with not knowing where we'll play or or how far we'll go. You have to pay the extra if your new flight costs more though.

52 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Is that with Eurowings? Just seen they allow you to change dates and routes free of charge as many times as you like, which could be very handy with not knowing where we'll play or or how far we'll go. You have to pay the extra if your new flight costs more though.

Yeah through Eurowings mate. The flights have not long been out. Only watchout will be the 3:30pm flight on the Sunday, need to hope that doesn't clash! But as you say, can be edited if needed. 

Booked up for Cologne Friday 14th- Wednesday 19th. Direct flights from Scotland were looking pricey but we managed to get Stansted-Cologne for £99 return with Ryanair and good flight times.  None of the budget airlines have released their timetables for Edinburgh/Glasgow-Stansted that far yet but would imagine we'll be under £200 in total. Worth a look as most direct flights are now over £300. 

Also hoping Scotland avoid that opening night fixture. We'll be out long enough to catch one Scotland match and will be aiming to be in that city on the day but Munich on the Friday would be a stretch.

Edited by lanky_ffc

27 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Booked up for Cologne Friday 14th- Wednesday 19th. Direct flights from Scotland were looking pricey but we managed to get Stansted-Cologne for £99 return with Ryanair and good flight times.  None of the budget airlines have released their timetables for Edinburgh/Glasgow-Stansted that far yet but would imagine we'll be under £200 in total. Worth a look as most direct flights are now over £300. 

Also hoping Scotland avoid that opening night fixture. We'll be out long enough to catch one Scotland match and will be aiming to be in that city on the day but Munich on the Friday would be a stretch.

Easyjet launch their summer schedule this week btw. Think it's Thursday but might be wrong.

3 hours ago, Connor7 said:

Yeah through Eurowings mate. The flights have not long been out. Only watchout will be the 3:30pm flight on the Sunday, need to hope that doesn't clash! But as you say, can be edited if needed. 

I’m away to Düsseldorf in a few weeks, it’s Eurowings it’s with. I’d never heard of them before, randomly popped up when looking for flights! Cheap as chips! 

52 minutes ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

Flights to Amsterdam then jumping on a train to the rhine is still looking decent price wise.

I'm probably doing exactly that, although my digs will no doubt be in Hamburg as my pal lives there. 5 hours on a train from Amsterdam is pretty cheap if you buy it early enough.