Germany 2024

invergowrie arab

52 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

What the best sites to book train tickets from Amsterdam to Dusseldorf guys/gals..

We thinkining Trainline or a local web site

Im flying into the Dam Fri 14th 1pm

See you all there

Won't be for sale until around December, and Germany are talking about subsidising international rail travel for the tournament to discourage people from flying, so I'd hang on anyway. 

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

What the best sites to book train tickets from Amsterdam to Dusseldorf guys/gals..

See you all there

Tickets from The Netherlands to Germany are often cheaper (or at worst the same price) via the German railways: bahn.de

2 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

See you all there

I don’t know about Amsterdam but I used to just get tickets from Deutsch Bahn when we were going into Austria and one time when we went into Switzerland. They seem to do trains into neighbouring countries.

4 hours ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

Flights to Amsterdam then jumping on a train to the rhine is still looking decent price wise.

Aye, also my plan though holding off on the flights for now. Amsterdam to Monchengladbach direct seems fairly regular then onwards from there.

3 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

See you all there

Trainline take a cut mate. I always use trainline to find the best route then book it through the local site. 

Of course we are all rooting for a draw in Oslo tomorrow but if there is to be a winner, I hope it's Georgia. For either of them to catch us they must win all 4 of their remaining games, and I think Norway have a much better chance of beating Spain at home than Georgia do of going to Valladolid and getting 3 points.

11 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Of course we are all rooting for a draw in Oslo tomorrow but if there is to be a winner, I hope it's Georgia. For either of them to catch us they must win all 4 of their remaining games, and I think Norway have a much better chance of beating Spain at home than Georgia do of going to Valladolid and getting 3 points.

Hrm, I think Georgia were fortunate to get a point from the home game v Norway. Their morale will be low after the battering by Spain so can't see anything other than a Norway win.

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Hrm, I think Georgia were fortunate to get a point from the home game v Norway. Their morale will be low after the battering by Spain so can't see anything other than a Norway win.

I'm pretty confident Norway will win and won't be particularly close. Something like a 3-0 would be par for the course. I'm just saying for us, whilst a draw would be ideal, a Georgian win is the second preference.

Long time listener, first time caller. Been following this thread for a while so thought I’d add my tuppence worth. 

4 of us booked up yesterday: Glasgow-Frankfurt, 13th-27th. We won’t be staying there though, just getting a cargo then on the next train to whichever city we’re playing. Base ourselves in that city for a few days then onto the next city and so on, then travel back to Frankfurt for the flight home. That was £277 and had already jumped £20 from the previous evening. 

1 hour ago, themodernleper said:

Long time listener, first time caller. Been following this thread for a while so thought I’d add my tuppence worth. 

4 of us booked up yesterday: Glasgow-Frankfurt, 13th-27th. We won’t be staying there though, just getting a cargo then on the next train to whichever city we’re playing. Base ourselves in that city for a few days then onto the next city and so on, then travel back to Frankfurt for the flight home. That was £277 and had already jumped £20 from the previous evening. 

Liverpool to Frankfurt, 13th to 27th June, £97 return with Lufthansa 

26 minutes ago, Derek68 said:

Liverpool to Frankfurt, 13th to 27th June, £97 return with Lufthansa 

Can’t see anything like that unless you’re prepared to wait around for 8hrs on your connecting flight. Our longest wait is 1hr 35min and cuts out any faffing about getting to and from Liverpool airport so I’m quite happy with that. 

34 minutes ago, themodernleper said:

Can’t see anything like that unless you’re prepared to wait around for 8hrs on your connecting flight. Our longest wait is 1hr 35min and cuts out any faffing about getting to and from Liverpool airport so I’m quite happy with that. 

Direct flights, Liverpool to Frankfurt, now £104. Appreciate your sorted, was posting it as an option for others.