Northern Ireland Football League 2023/24

Can't work out if that was two good teams giving it a final rattle, or two mediocre sides in their last throws. Either way I didn't really settle, and I don't think I enjoyed it much. I should have been taking in the history of Stephen's last competitive Crusaders match. I couldn't settle into that either. It's definitely the end of an era. Stephen  gone, quite a few players also I expect,. and I was out the gate like a greyhound. Still I renewed my season ticket, so assuming I'm still about, I'll be back for more next season. I anticipate a few tough years. Heading back to sunny Ayrshire this week and hope to be at Firhill on Friday. (the fun never stops) Thanks Jacks and various others for your contributions I enjoyed them all. Hope I didn't bore you all too much. Don't think I offended anyone, which believe me, is totally out of character.

I switched on at 7.30 only to discover the match started at 5.30.

Maybe just as well, I might have thrown the laptop out of the window at that last gasp winner (or loser, in our case).

Anyway, well done Crusaders, not the worst team to lose to, Larne, Linfield, Cliftonville or Glentoran would have been even harder to take.

Another Coleraine season ends in disappointment,

Goals - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/cjk4pm4e6pno

• 2 weeks later...

I read an article on the Hale brothers at Cliftonville.

Went down a rabbit-hole and read this article.

Ronan Hale looking to get back into full-time football and looks like interest from Scotland.

As Sunday Life Sport reported earlier this month there is interest in Hale from Scottish Premiership and English League One sides and with the player having one year left on his Cliftonville contract a summer move is on the cards.

O’Neill stated: “I’ve had a couple of calls about him from clubs in the UK. He has had a great season and I was here for the Irish Cup Final when he had a great day.”

Good luck to the lad in continuing his football journey.

• 2 months later...