Women's World Cup 2023

Swarley

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

WTF's a "turnover"? Never mind a "forced" one?

Turnover = pish pass

Forced turnover = pish pass when an opposition player was kicking your ankles

32 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Really?

Just guessing. I'd say a turnover is when you lose possession, forced turnover when you lose possession due to the influence of an opposition player. But this is just US style language that is creeping into the game. See also PK (penalty kick).

3 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Just guessing. I'd say a turnover is when you lose possession, forced turnover when you lose possession due to the influence of an opposition player. But this is just US style language that is creeping into the game. See also PK (penalty kick).

Yeah, turnover is someone losing the ball under no pressure. Forced turnover is when they're being pressured (i.e. even if the defender doesn't touch the ball, if they're on your shirt and you end up putting it out for a throw then it's a forced turnover)

Based on some random video I watched ages ago, so might even be wrong.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Who do they get in the round of 16?  They'll obviously win their group today.  And what is their potential path to the final?  

R16 - Nigeria

QF - Runner up Group F (France/Jamaica/Brazil, most likely Brazil) or Winner Group H (Colombia if they don't lose v Morocco; Germany if they win and Colombia lose; Morocco if Germany lose and they beat Colombia by 4 goals)

SF - Australia/Denmark or Winner Group F/Runner Up Group H

7 hours ago, Swarley said:

I always think of a building firm when I see PK.

(PK Murphy, Pomeroy.)

Edited by Jacksgranda