Women's World Cup 2023

Swarley

22 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Brazil papped out by Jamaica. Unless Germany win tomorrow and Colombia are beaten by the much lower ranked Morocco, then England won’t need to play a team ranked higher than 25th until the semi finals 

Absolutely grim. I predicted England to win before the tournament started and it's looking even more likely now 

23 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Brazil papped out by Jamaica. Unless Germany win tomorrow and Colombia are beaten by the much lower ranked Morocco, then England won’t need to play a team ranked higher than 25th until the semi finals 

And wouldn't it be hilarious if one of these teams knocks England out

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

The women aren't as prone to that as the men, as far as I can see

One can hope. 

To continue the hilarity I'm hoping we see a South Korea win and Morocco win/draw tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Brilliant, this tournament has been great.

I've enjoyed it, although I missed this morning's games, just in. That was some amount of added time!  :lol:

26 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I've enjoyed it, although I missed this morning's games, just in. That was some amount of added time!  :lol:

There were (at least) 3 injuries to Korean players that basically used up the entire announced 9 mins. I was surprised they only played an extra 4 or 5 mins. The longest injury saw the girl carried off on a stretcher but it looked a fairly innocuous collision. 

Absolutely crazy stuff. Brazil, Germany, Canada, Italy all out. Hopefully France, England and USA join them in the Last 16.

I think the fact that there haven't been many lopsided results is great.  I had some worries that increasing to 32 teams would see some cricket scores.  Unfortunate that we were one of the countries who have missed out is unfortunate but the progress that the Women's game has made over the last 20 years is impressive

Looking at the knockout stages, my money is on Japan or the USA on one side of the draw and England or France on the other side.