Women's World Cup 2023

Swarley

2 hours ago, billyg said:

Luis Rubiales: Spanish FA will take legal action over Jennifer Hermoso 'lies' - BBC Sport , interesting development , but not surprising given the good that Rubiales has done for the game in Spain in general. In the pics shown so far , it certainly doesn't look like there is resistance from Hermoso in the clinch ?

Fucking Hell.

2 hours ago, Binos said:

Who cares

People with a moral compass?

The Spanish FA are looking like c***s and I really hope that the women prevail in this matter.

So far I’ve only seen one reference to one of the men’s team supporting the women; I hope this will grow in numbers.

38 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

People with a moral compass?

The Spanish FA are looking like c***s and I really hope that the women prevail in this matter.

So far I’ve only seen one reference to one of the men’s team supporting the women; I hope this will grow in numbers.

Not wanting to make light of the issue, but if Rubiales and his cohorts can keep this running for a couple of months and ensure that Spain are unable to field a men's team by the time the Scotland match comes around, that would be much appreciated. 

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Now suspended by FIFA. Imagine being the Spanish FA being shown to be less progressive than FIFA 😂

I assume they will now carry out their own investigation - it should really never have come to this - the Spanish FA should have suspended him then investigated but chose to double down.

Imagine winning a World Cup and rather than being able to simply celebrate the victory the whole event is overshadowed by a creep.  For many, maybe all, of these players this will be a once in a lifetime event which they’re being robbed of the joy.

4 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

@billyg doubling down.

Not at all , just showing that public euphoria can be the same no matter if it's a man or woman. Hardly likely she'll be called out for kissing the jockey in public is it ?  so I can't really see what the problem is with Rubiales doing the exact same thing . 

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Imagine winning a World Cup and rather than being able to simply celebrate the victory the whole event is overshadowed by a creep.  For many, maybe all, of these players this will be a once in a lifetime event which they’re being robbed of the joy.

It's almost as if they didn't win it now 

21 hours ago, Binos said:

It's almost as if they didn't win it now 

Only if you choose to believe that.  I'll recall the tournament as one where the Spanish were the best team and deservedly won the World Cup.  What happened thereafter was disgraceful and avoidable and will be resolved.

Only one of the above will appear in the record books for future generations.