FA Cup 2023/24

Eednud

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

They don't "just about find a way to win", you fucking moron, they have actually won.

And as I'm typing, he's actually said it again

That gets my wick, too.

1 minute ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Twice in the one weekend the Underdog good guys get beat on penalties after a 3-3 draw to help set up the nightmare final

In fairness, Man City vs. Coventry would be a slightly sad foregone conclusion as a the plucky wee team get ripped to bits. Man City vs. Newton Heath will either be a riot or 10-0. 

The term 'Pyrrhic victory' comes to mind, as Man City will pump this Utd team rotten. And I suspect people will enjoy that much more than Man City pumping Coventry rotten a la Watford.

29 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Offside :lol: 

When it’s that close there’s no possible way you can be sure you’ve paused it at the right frame and got the lines exactly right. It’s fucking maddening that this shit is allowed.

Edited by eez-eh

The competition has been rubbish for years, thanks to the FA meddling with it and setting up a league which manager's now prioritise.  I didn't even know what day the final was on.  Shame for Coventry, though.

3 minutes ago, Red Kite said:

The competition has been rubbish for years, thanks to the FA meddling with it and setting up a league which manager's now prioritise.  I didn't even know what day the final was on.  Shame for Coventry, though.

The big money to pay for all the players at clubs like Liverpool comes from the league placing and entry to the champions league.

Even perennial bottom feeders like Everton prioritise the league over the FA or League cup.

The FA cup just cannot generate the same amount of prize money that the top flight and the European top table provide.

Money has killed the game I grew up watching. 

If there was only one place at the Champions League for each country it would be a lot fairer but clubs like Liverpool don’t want that format to change.