Gartcairn 2023/24

1 hour ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

You got any photos of your park , set up? 

It's a cage; so according to the great and the good on here it will be shite.

50 minutes ago, Johnstonian said:

What’s your aim for the league? Simply staying up or making a challenge at the top en

Their aim is to get as many business referrals as possible whi!st ensuring the bacon on their rolls at each breakfast meeting is dead, dead crispy.

2 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

It's a cage; so according to the great and the good on here it will be shite.

Highest above sea level league ground in the UK.

Airdrie used to hold that title at the old Broomfield stadium and MTC is higher up again.

3 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Airdrie used to hold that title at the old Broomfield stadium and MTC is higher up again.

Bollocks.

Airdrie may well have been highest league ground at the time...the team in the shite MTC cage are a non-league team.

Just at a rough guess, Muirkirk's excellent "new" ground will be at almost twice the altitude of the shite cage.

Oh, and I don't have a particular problem with cage grounds (Bonnyton seems better on every visit) I just don't like the shitey ones. And I still have an altitude problem. 🙄

7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Their aim is to get as many business referrals as possible whi!st ensuring the bacon on their rolls at each breakfast meeting is dead, dead crispy.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cheers jb for commencing my Sat morning with a right good laugh.

7 hours ago, PossilYM said:

There's not much in it. Broadwood is 127m AMSL. Airdrie at its highest point is approx. 130m AMSL. 

Bit of an optical illusion is Broadwood the way it sits up there at Back o' Hill.

7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Chinos, shirt from Gant and blazer next time at Gartcairn.👍🏼

I’ll remember my business cards as well.

Assuming coffee is provided?

I hate you lot. I'm now going to have to visit MTC to see how much it's 'improved' since it was just an everyday cage. And now it is the gold standard of 'Shite Cages'.

I love the cages myself. Wonder what that says about me.

Synergy isn't a proper cage; it has grass verges and a wee hill inside the cage.

Thanks for the comments good and bad lol we will be looking to finish as high up the league as possible but will be very difficult. 
we have added a few things which are in progress but when it's done please feel free to pop up.

does anyone want sauce on these bacon rolls? 
and we're semi pro not non league lol

19 hours ago, Lurcer said:

What a great journey Gartcairn have been on. They have made great progress both on and off the park. Good luck to them. 

Have to agree with this. Great game there last season beating Burgh 1-0 with a late winner 🤨🤨

A football team for sure and the manager the son of a bit of a Burgh coach legend in Mick Dunlop

36 minutes ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

Thanks for the comments good and bad lol we will be looking to finish as high up the league as possible but will be very difficult. 
we have added a few things which are in progress but when it's done please feel free to pop up.

does anyone want sauce on these bacon rolls? 
and we're semi pro not non league lol

Good of North Lanarkshire Council to allow you to sell food.

Aw haud oan, you were meaning freebies to the Blazers in the portacabin.

lol

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Good of North Lanarkshire Council to allow you to sell food.

Aw haud oan, you were meaning freebies to the Blazers in the portacabin.

lol

That wasn’t committee - that’s local east Airdrie business folks networking.

BTW those Burgh crowd predictions of mine?

you win 😂👍🏼

Having watched Gartcairn a few times last year, they deserved to win the First Division but they were stretched at times with their squad not strong enough.
Out of the 3 teams who went up, Gartcairn, St Cadocs and Benburb, I'd say with the squad from last year they would be the least equipped to stay up in the Premier league but I've heard they have a few additions and things looking well.  They also had the least amount of money to spend out of the top 5 teams but they have a good manager in Mick Dunlop so anything is possible.     I believe they should also have their house, or some would say, 'Cage' in order and gain their SFA license at the end of the season.

Good luck to them 👍