Johnstone Burgh statement

On 24/07/2023 at 10:50, virginton said:

There's a fourth option where the club builds up unsustainable debts under its 'investors' and folds, never to return. 

If these investors believes they will make any money in Scottish football they need their head examined.  There is no chance of that happening with any Scottish club, never mind Johnstone Burgh, regardless of how successful this project is. They can fill the clubs balance sheet up with ‘directors loans’ if they like, they’ll never get the money back and I’m sure they know this.  It’s just a football manager inspired vanity project. The question is just how long till they pull their investment. Maybe it will be next year with the club having failed to get promotion from the West Of Scotland First division, or maybe ten years with the club established and sustainable within the SPFL league system.  I don’t think either scenario is particularly unrealistic.

45 minutes ago, Lex said:

If these investors believes they will make any money in Scottish football they need their head examined.  There is no chance of that happening with any Scottish club, never mind Johnstone Burgh, regardless of how successful this project is. They can fill the clubs balance sheet up with ‘directors loans’ if they like, they’ll never get the money back and I’m sure they know this.  It’s just a football manager inspired vanity project. The question is just how long till they pull their investment. Maybe it will be next year with the club having failed to get promotion from the West Of Scotland First division, or maybe ten years with the club established and sustainable within the SPFL league system.  I don’t think either scenario is particularly unrealistic.

Most Scottish clubs. 

1 hour ago, Lex said:

See the Fergus McCann Story..........How to make Millions out of Scottish Football.

2 hours ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Was wondering how Bryan Wharton has looked in pre season for you? Has he formed a good partnership with Menzies? Was a bit of a surprise when he left Medda 

Wharton’s been good. Been solid at the back,  and seems to be getting used to the style of play and thats been evident for the whole team as pre season has gone on. Haven’t seen them two play together as much as I’d have liked as I believe that will be our best centre back pairing next season.  No complaints! He does love playing a big switch which will be useful next season.

3 hours ago, BurghLoyal said:

Wharton’s been good. Been solid at the back,  and seems to be getting used to the style of play and thats been evident for the whole team as pre season has gone on. Haven’t seen them two play together as much as I’d have liked as I believe that will be our best centre back pairing next season.  No complaints! He does love playing a big switch which will be useful next season.

Haha yes he does love that! Do you have another couple of centre halves then? Is Menzies ok after his horrendous head knock?

1 hour ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Haha yes he does love that! Do you have another couple of centre halves then? Is Menzies ok after his horrendous head knock?

In pre-season, Malky McDonald, Kieran Brady and Dean Scott have been the other players we’ve seen feature at centre back. Malky McDonald has predominantly been a midfielder during his time at the club but seems to be comfortable playing at centre back. Kieran Brady has experience of playing anywhere across the back line, and Dean Scott who was a summer addition from can play anywhere really. Callum Nolan who’s a centre back who came in from Arthurlie in the summer looked good in the games he played but believe he’s unfortunately no longer at the club. Menzies has recovered well after his head knock, returned to the squad for the Hurlford match and started against both Auchinleck and Beith and done well in both!

21 hours ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Was wondering how Bryan Wharton has looked in pre season for you? Has he formed a good partnership with Menzies? Was a bit of a surprise when he left Medda 

How’s Stuart Fyfe been for you guys? Went to Medda v Arthurlie at kilbirnie and he never got on 🤨

13 hours ago, BurghLoyal said:

In pre-season, Malky McDonald, Kieran Brady and Dean Scott have been the other players we’ve seen feature at centre back. Malky McDonald has predominantly been a midfielder during his time at the club but seems to be comfortable playing at centre back. Kieran Brady has experience of playing anywhere across the back line, and Dean Scott who was a summer addition from can play anywhere really. Callum Nolan who’s a centre back who came in from Arthurlie in the summer looked good in the games he played but believe he’s unfortunately no longer at the club. Menzies has recovered well after his head knock, returned to the squad for the Hurlford match and started against both Auchinleck and Beith and done well in both!

Testament to how good a player Malky is and it seems like every game he takes a right sore one!

13 hours ago, BurghLoyal said:

Craig Menzies is an incredibly consistent performer and Bryan Wharton a strong defender so I think these guys will really strengthen JB a lot at the back.

1 hour ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Looked solid in the first half against Kilwinning on Saturday but went off with what looked like a strain, not really seen enough of him yet! Was he decent for you ? 

He was superb fir the Burgh. Had offers to leave well before he did but stuck with Burgh.

Solid defender and a genuine goal threat at set pieces.

Crowd of over 700 in Keanie Park last night to watch them beat Championship rivals Drumchapel United. Definitely a bit of buzz around the town. 

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Crowd of over 700 in Keanie Park last night to watch them beat Championship rivals Drumchapel United. Definitely a bit of buzz around the town. 

I went along last night. £11.95 pre theatre in Spice Garden on Rankine Street before the game, then £8 entry to Burgh and £2 a lager. Terrific value for an evening out.

It was a decent game, fairly even but Burgh definitely had the best chances and were worth the win. Lafferty was ok, a good effort off the bar and some nice link up play, but his first touch is absolutely rotten. Thought Menzies, Brophy and McKenzie were Burgh's best players.

Edited by houston_bud

49 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I went along last night. £11.95 pre theatre in Spice Garden on Rankine Street before the game, then £8 entry to Burgh and £2 a lager. Terrific value for an evening out.

It was a decent game, fairly even but Burgh definitely had the best chances and were worth the win. Lafferty was ok, a good effort off the bar and some nice link up play, but his first touch is absolutely rotten. Thought Menzies, Brophy and McKenzie were Burgh's best players.

Can i ask the last time you paid to get in Keanie Park?

And would you have went if there was no L£££erty?

2 hours ago, Lex said:

So from begging for committee men to help out pre Covid on the Junior forum to 700 paying punters.

Obviously spending money and bringing in L£££erty has stirred things up.

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

I noticed a pre-theatre sign in Airdrie as well. Where are all these fucking theatres?

30 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

So from begging for committee men to help out pre Covid on the Junior forum to 700 paying punters.

Obviously spending money and bringing in L£££erty has stirred things up.

Yep it definitely has. That and having a winning team on the park helps too.  I expect them to go on to win the league with regular crowds of 500+.