Stirling Albion V Edinburgh City

Think it’s already been said, the First Half was extremely even and had it not been for a key Blair Currie save, then we could have been 1-0 at the break. It just goes to show the importance of a good Goalkeeper, however Shanely should have been Red Carded moment earlier with a clear kick out that the Ref and Lino surprisingly missed.

Second Half, I thought we showed real character and how good we are, we had another level in us and Edinburgh seemed to get worse when they were on the ball. Thought everyone played well, but Pabs, Davidson, Milne and Carrick the ultimate standout’s.

Great win to start the season, probably could have been more (Carrick should have had a penalty for a start), but Edinburgh will be no push overs this season (but I still think the lack of a forward threat will ensure they finish 10th) so it’s good to be off and running.

Good thing is that we looked quite at home in league one. Looked a draw till Clarks free kick although we were definitely the better side second half.  I thought Milne was excellent today with leitch and McLean not too far behind.  Davidson had his best game for a long time too - covered the pitch and broke up most of the Edinburgh attacking play. I suspect today was the pattern for most of the games against the other part time sides. Pretty tight and decided by a bit of brilliance or a daft mistake.

We missed Hilson but Spence put in a decent shift although things improved when Thomson came on. It's great that we have those options available.

Young team seemed to behave themselves so well done to them. They're a great asset to the team when they're like that so let's hope it continues.

So a positive start, a decent performance and much to be cautiously optimistic about 

Kind of saw it much the same as everyone else - thought Edinburgh slightly the better side first half with the one big chance and then Stirling much the better side second half. 

I didn't think there was much quality in the game but the work rate of the team is brilliant - as mentioned at the end of last season they are such an easy side to like. I think we missed Hilson quite a bit though. McLean absolutely strolled it although I worry we will get caught for pace at the back against better strikers. On a similar note, 17 for Edinburgh looked very assured today as well. 

Fantastic strike by Clark - really like him as a player. I'd say the only thing is he sometimes gets caught under the ball but does always seem to recover well.

Great three points to start the season.