Scotland v England 150th year anniversary match

Would be tempted to play a false nine formation and pass them off the park. Not a 4-6-0 in the Craig Levein sense but just getting the ball on the deck and overrunning them in midfield

Gunn

Porteous-Hendry-Tierney

Hickey-Gilmour-McGregor-Robbo

Christie-McTominay-McGinn

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

Would be tempted to play a false nine formation and pass them off the park. Not a 4-6-0 in the Craig Levein sense but just getting the ball on the deck and overrunning them in midfield

Gunn

Porteous-Hendry-Tierney

Hickey-Gilmour-McGregor-Robbo

Christie-McTominay-McGinn

It kind of feels like Adams operates as a "sort of" false 9. I wonder if McTominay's effectiveness would be reduced were he to play in that position - probably better running into spaces made by the centre fwd I reckon.

Just now, Gordopolis said:

Completely random observation:

I keep thinking that this game is at Parkhead for some reason. No idea why. Maybe the game we played against them in 2014 is lodged in my mind (Andy Robertson scored his first for us)?

Anyone else, or is it just me?

weirdly cos of the anniversary stuff they were promoting a while ago, the instant the game is mentioned in passing (ie am not the one talking about it directly!) I immediately think of Partick and the cricket ground.  Now that would be some setting for Tuesday....

2 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

A non event match., just to grab hard earned cash from supporters. Not worth the waste of space it is. Particularly as Scotland fans get themselves in such a froth over it.

Nice use of the third-person there. 

P.S. - it's the opposite of a cash grab. UEFA/FIFA mandate that teams play 10+ games a year, and as we're in a group of five, we have two matchdays off.

France (A) in October is a test against one of the best sides in the world, and this game is a game against a good team, our 'enemy', and it is also the anniversary of Scottish Football. I see nothing wrong with celebrating it. The only "cash grab" part is the price of the anniversary shirt, but apart from that, it's quite alright.

Just now, Highlandmagar said:

The only chip here is the anti English chip you have with your vinegary tears when they win.

Most people on here and fans of Scotland really don’t give a flying fcuk about the game on Tuesday. 

Sure we would like to win but it’s not a competitive game. If we meet at the Euros then it’s a different story. 

England on paper have a far better squad and would likely be favourites.

They have far bigger resources and have made huge investments in their academy systems.

14 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Nah not even close. 

Bellingham is frightening. Of course Henderson has won a lot with Liverpool, and the rest are playing at good levels, but I genuinely don’t see much in it in all honesty, outwith Bellingham. 

When McGregor, McGinn, McTominay, and Gilmour all click, they are just 👌🏼

Haven’t seen anything, but I am going to safely assume the usual Engerlander Britnats and pundits will be writing us off and predicting 5 or 6 nil victories for them? 

Score draw or Scotland to win for moi. Buzzing out my tits already for it. 

The only reason not to be looking forward to this game is if you think we’ll take a hiding and that it will deflate our confidence.  That’s not a reason not to play and not to watch.

I’d like to think this game will have more of an edge to it than a normal friendly and will be played at a higher tempo.  It’s a chance to test ourselves.