St Mirren V Dundee

19 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Will be interesting to see how O’Hara has developed. When he played for us I felt he wasn’t a good enough footballer to be a great midfielder, whereas I thought he could be a very good central defender, who could play the ball out. Apparently he made it clear he didn’t want to be a defender. He used to go on marauding runs, basically because he couldn’t lift his head to see a pass. He did chip in with more goals than you’d expect though. 

I thought O’Hara was really good when he played for us.  I wonder if he was possibly overshadowed a bit by Kamara who was already the real deal?

1 hour ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

IIRC, the last time we met in Paisley, Dundee won 1-0.

Screenshot2023-08-1107_03_31.png.6a30db3622014ffda8f838b3c1576adf.png

Let the natural order be restored! 

COYS!

Met them twice in Paisley since then, won both. Beat them 2-0 to effectively relegate them in May 2022, Grieve opened the scoring after a delightful turn and assist by Saints legend Charlie Adam. Then we had that 0-0 Scottish Cup stinker last season, before a hilarious penalty shoot out, that we won 3-0. The recent dominance over them is what you'd expect from an established top flight club against a yo-yo club, but we can't be complacent tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Mac28 said:

Dundee don't realise the reason we signed so many forwards is so we can play 3-2-5. Mandron, McMenamin, Nahmani, Olusanya and Grieve all starting

Nah. Robbo’ will soon have Pep Guardiola flying up to Renfrewshire International to check out his revolutionary 3-0-7 formation. Mandron, McMenamin, Nahmani, Olusanya, Greive, Ayunga, Mystery Striker.

The only important stat is whether or not Robbo has ever won the second game of the season?

2 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

IIRC, the last time we met in Paisley, Dundee won 1-0.

Screenshot2023-08-1107_03_31.png.6a30db3622014ffda8f838b3c1576adf.png

Let the natural order be restored! 

COYS!

St Mirren cup final tomorrow.

The likes of St Mirren are used to being a bigger club than the your diddies in Livi, County and Perth. Can really feel the excitement from them at playing a big fish in the Scottish footballing pond.

6000 home fans expected. Excellent effort. If it was ever in doubt when people say the Premiership is stronger with Dundee then the proof is in the pudding. Hopefully they can turn out in them numbers all season outside Dundee visiting.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Met them twice in Paisley since then, won both. Beat them 2-0 to effectively relegate them in May 2022, Grieve opened the scoring after a delightful turn and assist by Saints legend Charlie Adam. Then we had that 0-0 Scottish Cup stinker last season, before a hilarious penalty shoot out, that we won 3-0. The recent dominance over them is what you'd expect from an established top flight club against a yo-yo club, but we can't be complacent tomorrow. 

My mistake! I think that defeat just sticks in my craw, as losing to a shite team we should be effortlessly pumping tends to do.

13 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

St Mirren cup final tomorrow.

The likes of St Mirren are used to being a bigger club than the your diddies in Livi, County and Perth. Can really feel the excitement from them at playing a big fish in the Scottish footballing pond.

6000 home fans expected. Excellent effort. If it was ever in doubt when people say the Premiership is stronger with Dundee then the proof is in the pudding. Hopefully they can turn out in them numbers all season outside Dundee visiting.

Thank you.

Outside of the League Cup group stages, the attendance when Dundee visited last season was our lowest of the season

Thank you

1 hour ago, Captain_Sensible said:

That’s because they are a bunch of Rangers wannabe fans as well 

It must be painful for you to be so utterly obsessed with the old firm and sectarianism. 

Thank f**k we are a day out from a game of football. 17 pages of absolute garbage. I will be in attendance and I'm hoping for a win but take a draw. Be interesting to see what changes we get with injuries to our defence - I pray Ashcroft isn't a left of a back three. 

I can still clearly remember that game at Love Street when we totally destroyed these weegies and Jim Hamilton and Neil McCann et al were doing the 7 dwarfs across the pitch. The seeth from the 800 home supporters was hilarious. Hopefully the natural order starts to return tomorrow.

Just now, Fifespud said:

I can still clearly remember that game at Love Street when we totally destroyed these weegies and Jim Hamilton and Neil McCann et al were doing the 7 dwarfs across the pitch. The seeth from the 800 home supporters was hilarious. Hopefully the natural order starts to return tomorrow.

You're really trying way too hard.

1 hour ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

Exactly. These are the games we all dream of.  I bought my season ticket early to guarantee I would be able to see the superstars of Dundee in the flesh. 

Nice one. Don't often see the truth belted about in these parts.

Enjoy your day out.

Thank you.

36 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

It must be painful for you to be so utterly obsessed with the old firm and sectarianism. 

Thank f**k we are a day out from a game of football. 17 pages of absolute garbage. I will be in attendance and I'm hoping for a win but take a draw. Be interesting to see what changes we get with injuries to our defence - I pray Ashcroft isn't a left of a back three. 

Sectarianism is painful. We should all stand up against it. Just wish you dee creeper did the same