St Mirren V Dundee

14 minutes ago, Molotov said:

More like a raging hard on!

😂 

😕

Either just before or on the final game in our '99 championship winning season, at the end of the game the away fans, almost as one block, stood and applauded.

While some Dundee fans on here are utter cretins, it's actions like that that that stand out as being a bit classy. They knew they hadn't won the league, and knew we had, and their fans showed the respect.

10 minutes ago, Lalo said:

Unfortunately there is a fairly large Celtic contingent in Dundee. “Dundee Loyal” exists as well but you don’t hear much from them

They are not part of our support, though, nor are they considered representative of the city.  An unfortunate irrelevance if you will.

34 minutes ago, Ric said:

😕

Either just before or on the final game in our '99 championship winning season, at the end of the game the away fans, almost as one block, stood and applauded.

While some Dundee fans on here are utter cretins, it's actions like that that that stand out as being a bit classy. They knew they hadn't won the league, and knew we had, and their fans showed the respect.

Dundee were not in the same division in 99/00. 
Perhaps you are thinking of 05/06 when we finished first and they were 7th.

Dundee fans were probably just happy to see the back of that season.

IMG_3502.thumb.jpeg.e7a662dea6e63151b0582b12a34331ce.jpeg

Edited by Molotov

42 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I’m absolutely fcuking delighted that there are no Celtic or Rangers supporters pubs & clubs in Dundee. 

are there any dundee pubs in dundee? i had the “pleasure” of being in a pub in the city when dundee were playing sevco in the league cup last season and the game was live on tv.i was in a pub on a corner of a main street in city centre,pub was all wood and brass and multiple tv sets.they had a man utd game on majority of sets with the sound up and the dundee game was on a tv in a corner with no sound.i asked the barman why it was like that and he said they always showed what the punters asked for

imagine living in a city that prefers man u to their own home town team 😂

1 minute ago, Buddie Holly said:

are there any dundee pubs in dundee? i had the “pleasure” of being in a pub in the city when dundee were playing sevco in the league cup last season and the game was live on tv.i was in a pub on a corner of a main street in city centre,pub was all wood and brass and multiple tv sets.they had a man utd game on majority of sets with the sound up and the dundee game was on a tv in a corner with no sound.i asked the barman why it was like that and he said they always showed what the punters asked for

Do we have a "Things That Didn't Happen' thread on this forum? 

1 minute ago, Molotov said:

Perhaps you are thinking of 05/06 when we finished first and they were 7th.

Probably, I have a bad memory for dates. We were still at Love Street though, as I was in the Caley stadium, and the away fans were to my right.

Wasn't it also the season where we were battling St Johnstone, and they had to go away to somewhere like Hamilton to get a result but had drawn. God knows, anything more than a decade ago just turns into a fog without checking google and I'm too lazy to bother doing that.. ;)

Either way, I remember them applauding. Still think that's a classy thing to do. That said, would I stand and applaud Rangers or Celtic winning the title when playing us? Heh.. yeah.. probably not! :P

54 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

51 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Do we have a "Things That Didn't Happen' thread on this forum? 

Then the whole pub clapped.

48 minutes ago, Ric said:

Probably, I have a bad memory for dates. We were still at Love Street though, as I was in the Caley stadium, and the away fans were to my right.

That's some eyesight you have.

As was said, the Dundee fans applauded at the end of that 2-1 win for Saints. Billy Mehmet's first goal for the club.

So agreed, not all of them are cunts.

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

That's some eyesight you have.

:lol: ..it's all the carrots I eat.

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

So agreed, not all of them are c***s.

Heh, no.. not all.. ;)

Edited by Ric

2 hours ago, Lalo said:

Unfortunately there is a fairly large Celtic contingent in Dundee. “Dundee Loyal” exists as well but you don’t hear much from them

Fairly sure there's 2 or 3 Celtic social clubs in Dundee. Certainly one in Lochee and used to be on in Stobbie.

The dregs.

1 hour ago, Buddie Holly said:

It’s not an area I know particularly well, but most of the well known pubs with an affiliation to either side are next to either ground.  The city centre pubs tend to more neutral.  If they were showing an English game over a Scottish one then I think that’s the issue rather than the team involved.

13 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

It’s not an area I know particularly well, but most of the well known pubs with an affiliation to either side are next to either ground.  The city centre pubs tend to more neutral.  If they were showing an English game over a Scottish one then I think that’s the issue rather than the team involved.

I have had enjoyed a cracking wee pub called The Balmore Bar when I've been visiting both Dundee grounds (my daughter is at Dundee Uni so normally make a weekend of it), I couldn't tell you whether it had an affiliation to either club but well worth a visit and very welcoming to away supporters.

I remember when I started going to Saints games in the early to mid 90s, songs such as 'Hello Hello, we are the Buddie boys' were sung and the first XI would also do a huddle before every home game around the same time Celtic had started doing it.

Thankfully all that shite was knocked firmly on head by around about 1997 or 1998 and thankfully we now tend to stay away from any actions resembling or songs with tunes that have connotations or connections with either arsecheek.

I understand that will probably prompt the Celtic sign photo again but I've explained previously at length what happened there. Long story short, we gave Celtic the keys to the ground for a week or 10 days to host two friendlies, they did something whilst leasing it they weren't supposed to, we contacted them that day to tell them to change it back and they did before the friendly that evening but not before a passer by managed to get that photo. The sign was gone within about 2 or 3 hours of going up which is why there are not numerous photos of Celtic fans posing in front of it pre-match which would have certainly been the case if it was still there by their friendly that evening.

Was still a big embarrassment to the club who should have specified 'no rebranding' in advance.