St Mirren V Dundee

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Dundee had a great team in the 60's always great to see provincial clubs get the better of Glasgow's dark side. 

Yes your team were good then as well , in fact you almost stopped us winning the league the week before , you had a penalty to go ahead , but Pat liney saved Clunies kick , so we just had to beat St .Johnstone on the Saturday to win the league 

50 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Was never a Rangers pub. Also was only open about 2 months before closing again. 

it was mate.guy opened it with the intention of running a bus from it.had to close as there was fighting in it every time dundees big cousins had a match on.the guy who opened it also owns the balnagowan.

2 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Yes your team were good then as well , in fact you almost stopped us winning the league the week before , you had a penalty to go ahead , but Pat liney saved Clunies kick , so we just had to beat St .Johnstone on the Saturday to win the league 

Pat Liney was a Saints fan as well, who joined St Mirren a year after you won the league 

1 minute ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Pat Liney was a Saints fan as well, who joined St Mirren a year after you won the league 

Yes he said his dad was at the game , and had really mixed emotions as being a Saints fan he wanted them to win , but was happy and proud to see son save the penalty 

1 hour ago, Captain_Sensible said:

I must hold my hand up and take some of the blame for this 😆

Aye me too. Just don’t want to say which hand I’m putting up in case I’m accused of being an OF sympathiser.

I welcome our friends from Dundee. They are more welcome than those bigots we have to live near. 

It’s only banter! 

Just the usual start to a Dundee/St Mirren thread then, eh?

Will be a curious match to gauge ourselves on, with St Mirren a good shout for best of the diddies this season so any points taken will be decent ones. Would probably settle for a point, but I certainly don't think it's beyond our remit to take all 3 as we've not been too bad at the SMiSA (Ew) the past few goes.

Carson to start and either have a howler or the game of his life, no middle ground.

Of all fans to be offended by that picture I’ve always wondered why it is Dundee fans. Every game it seems to work them up to a frenzy beforehand.

But when you consider their songbook, naming of a stand, and bending over backwards to sign a new hero off the park regardless of what he does on it in Carson then it all becomes clear.

3 hours ago, Div said:

Sometimes when I'm reading threads on here I'm really proud of P&B.

Then there are threads like this one.

Fucking hell.

Have you seen B&WA recently? I’m amazed you haven’t set that on fire yet 😛

7 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Have you seen B&WA recently? I’m amazed you haven’t set that on fire yet 😛

Yeah it's a bin fire. I've thought about closing it down, but the children need a place to play.