Aberdeen v Celtic 13th August

On 13/08/2023 at 13:06, DukDukGoose said:

Turnbull hooked.

He was absolutely rotten. What's happened to him?

Another promising young Scottish player wasting his career choosing to sit on Celtics bench.

8 hours ago, AJF said:

It's not a problem, it's an opinion that he comes across as a w**k going by the caption of his picture. That is all.

Again, I'm not really going to get into the Cantwell comments as it is a topic that is probably best left alone on here given the homophobic and transphobic abuse he receives online for the actions that you are mocking here.

Haven’t read the full conversation so could be picking this up wrong but you think Holm is w**k but don’t want to talk about Cantwell due to the abuse he receives online?

20 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Haven’t read the full conversation so could be picking this up wrong but you think Holm is w**k but don’t want to talk about Cantwell due to the abuse he receives online?

In a nutshell 

22 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

This thread is as tragic as the Celtic songbook.

No wonder the rest of Scotland wishes the 2 bigot brothers would just vanish to anywhere else that would take them, remembering to take your B teams with you. 

Tbf I’d quite like to vanish to anywhere else so long as I don’t have to read this tedious, inane and repetitive shite. Do you honestly think we have control over  where we play? 

Edited by Jinky67

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Tbf I’d quite like to vanish to anywhere else so long as I don’t have to read this tedious, inane and repetitive shite. Do honestly think we have control over it? 

They only get to see 3, maybe 4 if they have a good season, Celtic match threads each season, unless it’s the usual suspects who can’t keep away from the champions. We have to go through this same shit every week.

Although to be fair last weeks game thread wasn’t like this. Just breaking us gently into the season I imagine. 

3 hours ago, AJF said:

Does this equally apply with you bringing up the subject of Cantwell randomly?

8 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

. Maybe should just do a dance or put fake eyelashes on his post  

That’s quite a stretch tbf. 

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

They only get to see 3, maybe 4 if they have a good season, Celtic match threads each season, unless it’s the usual suspects who can’t keep away from the champions. We have to go through this same shit every week.

Although to be fair last weeks game thread wasn’t like this. Just breaking us gently into the season I imagine. 

Your club have control over who gets into their matches, particularly away games. So a lot of this shit is in their hands to sort out and these threads wouldn't be quite as bad.

50 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Your club have control over who gets into their matches, particularly away games. So a lot of this shit is in their hands to sort out and these threads wouldn't be quite as bad.

No it would be as there would be another wannabe “ultra” group that would take their place. This ultra sub culture that exists causes a lot of problems at many clubs however ours are clearly larger and much more noticeable due to profile, airtime we get and the “political” views being aired. 

They ban one and another will pop up. I was mortified at the Ross County game last week as I was sitting near where “The Bhoys” are located and couldn’t believe my ears when I heard them start RITG inside Celtic Park. Haven’t heard that shit since the 90’s, awful.

These Ultra groups now seem to want to compete to see who can be the biggest bellend

But Celtic threads revolve around 3 points, all of them and that’s “your fans are scum”, “it must be boring being a Celtic fan” and “the refs give you everything” 

Edited by Jinky67

19 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No it would be as there would be another wannabe “ultra” group that would take their place. This ultra sub culture that exists causes a lot of problems at many clubs however ours are clearly larger and much more noticeable due to profile, airtime we get and the “political” views being aired. 

They ban one and another will pop up. I was mortified at the Ross County game last week as I was sitting near where “The Bhoys” are located and couldn’t believe my ears when I heard them start RITG inside Celtic Park. Haven’t heard that shit since the 90’s, awful.

These Ultra groups now seem to want to compete to see who can be the biggest bellend

But Celtic threads revolve around 3 points, all of them and that’s “your fans are scum”, “it must be boring being a Celtic fan” and “the refs give you everything” 

Ban the next one. Then the next one. Then.the next one.

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Well, that’s not the full story. The criticism Cantwell is receiving is based on the fact that he is a man using feminine filters and dancing.

If you’ve seen the abuse I’m referring to, then you probably understand why it’s probably best not to touch on the subject, particularly if it has already been suggested that behaviour is not normal. I think it has the potential to ‘grow’ into something quite distasteful bordering on hateful.

Edited by AJF

17 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

On top of all the trouble and suffering that Celtic and all that are associated with them face, no one speaks about the P&B match threads. 

Is there anything this club doesn’t have to withstand. 

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

Apologies to the celtic fans for anything that I've previously said that may have been hurtful.

Sorry bhoys.

I mention tedious and repetitive and here you both are, it’s almost as if I’ve called you both by name.

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

Well, that’s not the full story. The criticism Cantwell is receiving is based on the fact that he is a man using feminine filters and dancing.

If you’ve seen the abuse I’m referring to, then you probably understand why it’s probably best not to touch on the subject, particularly if it has already been suggested that behaviour is not normal. I think it has the potential to ‘grow’ into something quite distasteful bordering on hateful.

I can’t say I have not however I don’t use Tik Tok. I have some some of his postings shared where he is being rather obnoxious and making jibes at his opponents resulting in some twitter spats so surely you must think he’s a w**k too? 

59 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

None of that changes that the power to stop these people getting into Celtic matches lies with your club, if they want to do it.

And it's 4 points. You missed the shitty view from the away seats.

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I can’t say I have not however I don’t use Tik Tok. I have some some of his postings shared where he is being rather obnoxious and making jibes at his opponents resulting in some twitter spats so surely you must think he’s a w**k too? 

The particular stuff I’m not keen to get into is the people criticising him for using feminine filters and dancing or generally acting/looking feminine. I think I’ve made that part clear.

The rest is fair game. If he were to make comments equivalent to calling an opponent a bitch I’d think he was a w**k. But he’d be our w**k so it would be sound. But a Celtic w**k is the bad kind and it’s been the way football has went from day dot that you unashamedly criticise others while absolving your own for the same behaviour.