Aberdeen v Celtic 13th August

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

The way he has improved almost year on year at Celtic would suggest he hasn't wasted away being here. 

Isnt the point being made that - like Broony before him - excellent player though he is, flat track bullying at Celtic will give him a trophy laden career, but he is absolutely good enough to test himself in England?

Impressed with Aberdeen, we are lucky to be ahead. Giving away too many corners and second to a lot of balls. They have been much more aggressive than previous season 

Some notable differences from last season especially with how our fullbacks are now playing and the intensity of our pressing when we lose the ball has dropped significantly imo. 

On a side note that Aberdeen top is pretty smart, looks like a Bayern top from a few seasons ago. 

Edited by Jinky67

8 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Has Devlin always been shite or is he just not very good today?

I was delighted he got a good move as he’s a really sound bloke but, make no mistake, an Aberdeen team looking to cement 3rd whilst competing in European football is a level above his capabilities. 

Duks nutmeg on McGregor gave me an immediate boner. 

Surprised at how positive we've been and although we'll probably go on to lose, I'm quite happy with the effort and forward play. Couple of signings to sort out that defence and we should be good 👍

2 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

My suggestion is simply that he should perhaps test himself elsewhere.

That's a bit different then and I wouldn't have blamed him when Rodgers came calling for him tbh. At the same time the way he enforced himself on the squad and improved his defensive game since Brown left has been impressive. He's reaching levels I think many didn't realise he could.

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Isnt the point being made that - like Broony before him - excellent player though he is, flat track bullying at Celtic will give him a trophy laden career, but he is absolutely good enough to test himself in England?

Eventually yes but the original claim of being at Celtic didn't really add up given his constant improvement. And he is obviously good enough for the EPL given his exploits for Scotland and last season was one of few players for us who looked more than comfortable against top opposition.

Just now, GTG_03 said:

Duks nutmeg on McGregor gave me an immediate boner. 

Surprised at how positive we've been and although we'll probably go on to lose, I'm quite happy with the effort and forward play. Couple of signings to sort out that defence and we should be good 👍

Definitely, can see you challenging for the Europa this year since you’re such a big club n all that 

Aside from a couple of moments of madness, we’ve looked good. I’m more encouraged for facing the cheeks and European sides this year having seen that first half, especially if we can get our first choice defenders and a couple more reinforcements in.