Rangers v Livingston: Saturday 12th August

A real need to bounce back domestically in this game. We have a very good record against Livingston recently (the draw at Ibrox last season aside) but it never really feels comfortable against them.

I’m hoping we see Cifuentes in from the start to see what he is made of and Cantwell starting in his correct position. I fear that with all the new signings in forward positions we might be at risk of shunting him out of a position he excelled in last season.

8 hours ago, bennett said:

If Livi are physical then this team will back off, 1 - 1 after Livi benefit from some comedy defending.

If your predictions come true every week Rangers would be relegated without a win and about 6 points in total.

3 hours ago, Empty It said:

If your predictions come true every week Rangers would be relegated without a win and about 6 points in total.

My predictions are usually pretty accurate, I tell like I see it without any bravado. 

Not quite sure what to make of the Rangers last night.Shot themselves in the foot with the chances they missed to make the return leg more comfortable.As for Saturdays game,I genuinely feel Livi could take something from this.If we go about it the right way.Suspect Rangers are not firing on all cylinders atm in which case Livi have to capitalise and have a real go,nothing to lose here.

1 minute ago, Troy.1995 said:

Not quite sure what to make of the Rangers last night.Shot themselves in the foot with the chances they missed to make the return leg more comfortable.As for Saturdays game,I genuinely feel Livi could take something from this.If we go about it the right way.Suspect Rangers are not firing on all cylinders atm in which case Livi have to capitalise and have a real go,nothing to lose here.

We need to get in their face and not give them any time on the ball. It'll be tough but a performance akin to the one we put in v Aberdeen would be great

52 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

We need to get in their face and not give them any time on the ball. It'll be tough but a performance akin to the one we put in v Aberdeen would be great

You're probably better doing what Killie and Servette have done which is allow us to have the ball in the central areas and become compact and organised. We can't break it down very well.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

You're probably better doing what Killie and Servette have done which is allow us to have the ball in the central areas and become compact and organised. We can't break it down very well.

Martindale is quite adept in how he sets us up against The Rangers and Celtic, normally has our defense compact playing it narrow to force you wide, then deals with balls into our box. With us playing a back three we're even better equipped to play like that. Reading that you haven't any wingers though, so it'll be interesting to see how you'll manage to play through the middle when we're so compact.

Also would think we'll let you get to the final third before we press your players, leaving Nouble up front as a target man to hit you on the counter. He scored 2 early goals in the first two games we played last season, same again would be ideal, as i think we look a lot stronger defensively this season, and would be a right c**t to play against if we're holding onto a lead.

We are going to commit absolute atrocities towards the “beautiful game”, attack vs defence with an overwhelming amount of shithousery. The longer we can keep it 0-0 that rangers crowd will quickly become very toxic. No Scott arfield to come on in the 70th minute to break livi hearts, my optimism may be mislead but I’ll hope and pray for a 0-0.

Edited by Menga Bus

Beale confirming yesterday that Cifuentes will likely start is positive as he looked encouraging in his wee cameo on Wednesday.

Hope to see him alongside Raskin and possibly Cantwell as I feel playing with two more defensive minded midfielders would take too much away from us today with the way we would expect Livi to organise themselves.