Killie v Celtic

Another excellent team win by Kili. 

Which brings us neatly to Celtic...this is a completely unbalanced 11 right now. The shape is wrong, tempo flat, players seem to be asked to play in a way that doesn't suit. Play like this in the CL and it will be a brutal stomping week after week. 

Well played, Kili. 

9 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

What is happening to our club? 3 clean sheets in a row and wins over both of the bigots and it’s still mid-August.

Thought today was a bit of a re-run of the rangers game with all of our players getting pass marks and running themselves into the ground.

Similar to the Rangers game I would like to give the referee some credit. Thought he was really strong today and mostly got everything right.

Yeah I agree with most of that. We lacked any fight and Killie beat us to everything, not a decision in the game that I felt was contentious we were just beaten and pretty decisively.

It’s a wake up call to fans and the players who think we can just rock up and then have a divine right to win. Been a long time since I’ve seen McGregor have such a poor game and also shows just how important CCV is. We look a completely different team without him which is a concern, tbf we just look like a different team 

Edited by Jinky67

5 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Another excellent team win by Kili. 

Which brings us neatly to Celtic...this is a completely unbalanced 11 right now. The shape is wrong, tempo flat, players seem to be asked to play in a way that doesn't suit. Play like this in the CL and it will be a brutal stomping week after week. 

Well played, Kili. 

*killie 

40 minutes ago, The Master said:

The teams were numbered in the same order as they were for the second round draw. 

The second round numbers were determined based on last seasons league position (for the European teams), followed by performance in the group stage. 

i was mistaken. Because we just edged county out from being seeded in the last 16 i assumed they had the next best record. And I thought Livi had lost outright to Accies in the groupstage.

Mea culpa

A bit late to the party but yaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssss. Hugh Keevins, Willie Miller, Kenny Miller, Kenny Ball, Kenny McIntyre, Davie Provan, The Pope, Chuckles, King Billy, Billy King, Pat Bonner, Biscuits. Your teams took a helluva beating. A helluva beating by our killer pitch. 

When we signed McInnes, I expected he'd use his experience and his ability to mould stuffy, aggressive teams to make us difficult to play against - using a big solid guy upfront to bring in lots of long balls, throw elbows about etc. And I was very happy with that idea.

I've been so, so disappointed in what we've seen from him. I'll not rehash it, but it's been poor!

This, this goes so far beyond what I expected from him I can hardly believe what I'm seeing. Not only are we difficult to play against and picking up results - we're fucking really good!

I went in to today confident we would win, and win 1-0. I didn't have a strong inkling on a goalscorer so I never put a coupon on. Wish I had.

The Old Firm are good sides and Celtic have obviously been on a different level for a while now, but how much of how good they are is because of how much respect diddy teams show them?! They don't like it up them. Those two new centre backs today were absolutely honking, didn't want the ball at their feet, and you felt every time we pressed them we might nick something. Can't understand why Rodgers stuck with their system and some of the route one stuff they played was brutal. Kyogo and Maeda so non existent and anonymous that the latter got moved across the pitch to get out Mayo's pocket.

We must play like this against the OF every single time. Make them uncomfy from the first minute to the last. Bully them all over the pitch.

The midfield of Watson (18!!), Lyons and Magennis will make life so tough for teams. They're on everything like a rash. Then you've the back 5 - Deas, Findlay, Mayo and Ndaba let nothing get past them and Dennis keeps his third clean sheet in a row (Rangers, Hearts, Celtic - that'll do, pig, that'll do!)

Armstrong was well up for it today, love him on days like today. Then Kennedy and Watkins completing the 11 who were phenomenal to a man. Had asked my Aberdeen supporting mate what he thought of Watkins when we signed him and he was nothing but complimentary. I can see why. Becoming a big fan of the guy and it's lovely to think Vassell will have a tough time getting back in the team!

Absolutely cannot wait for Saturday now! I'll rewatch today's game for another Killie fix in the meantime.

Wee man been going 7 years and his first win v Celtic as he was away on holiday with his gran and granda in 2018. He's fucking buzzing!!

Another weekend, another diddy team swatted aside by delicious Del and the sensational stripes. What a turnaround this is from last season - the tombola has well and truly been retired and we've got a solid team who are giving it their absolute all for each other, for the manager and the fans. I think we can see that McInnes wasn't happy with last season's squad and now he has a team who he's happy with to play in the style that he wants to. It might not be pretty for opposition fans to watch but there's no real "right" way to play football - the right way to play football is the way that gets you results and this has definitely worked against teams who are far superior on paper to us. Celtic will probably improve and go on to another title, but this is as good a time as any to play them given their players are trying to adapt away from the Postecoglu style and get back into the way that Rodgers would like them to play. 

I'm so proud of this team, and the next round tie will be very tricky indeed - but at RP it's winnable, and we showed last weekend that we were no mugs against the JTs. 

Finally, I'm more than happy that this result has probably caused Viaplay to take an absolute tanking to its finances. Good riddance to them, and send on the quarter finals!

9 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Armstrong was well up for it today, love him on days like today. Then Kennedy and Watkins completing the 11 who were phenomenal to a man. Had asked my Aberdeen supporting mate what he thought of Watkins when we signed him and he was nothing but complimentary. I can see why. Becoming a big fan of the guy and it's lovely to think Vassell will have a tough time getting back in the team!

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

I don't remember Armstrong having this much niggle in him at County. It's definitely something that's helped him improve as a player.

Danny Armstrong is becoming a world-class wee dick and I'm all for it. Loved seeing Joe Hart almost lose the place with him and not be awed at all by a guy who's played at the very top level of football. Summed up the entire game in about 15 seconds actually. 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Yeah I agree with most of that. We lacked any fight and Killie beat us to everything, not a decision in the game that I felt was contentious we were just beaten and pretty decisively.

It’s a wake up call to fans and the players who think we can just rock up and then have a divine right to win. Been a long time since I’ve seen McGregor have such a poor game and also shows just how important CCV is. We look a completely different team without him which is a concern, tbf we just look like a different team 

No idea what game you were watching Jinky but it had feck all to do with CCV not playing the rat got it wrong,Killie players bullying Celtic players all over the park plus I thought we should've got a pen at the end,the rat said he watched the sevco game against Killie so he knew before the match the game was going to be phyicial and he played right into it.
I said before this game we are not upto to speed yet for me that's down to the rat tae,the season has started and Celtic look about a month off it.

1 minute ago, willywastecoat said:

No idea what game you were watching Jinky but it had feck all to do with CCV not playing the rat got it wrong,Killie players bullying Celtic players all over the park plus I thought we should've got a pen at the end,the rat said he watched the sevco game against Killie so he knew before the match the game was going to be phyicial and he played right into it.
I said before this game we are not upto to speed yet for me that's down to the rat tae,the season has started and Celtic look about a month off it.

IMG_4648.gif