Queens v Montrose

28 minutes ago, bod said:

Well, we have won the previous 2 I've started!

Thoughts comments?

Hopefully add some height and aggression to the squad before this one. Ideally some experience as well, but I'm not greedy. Can't see much in the way of a positive result otherwise. 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Hopefully add some height and aggression to the squad before this one. Ideally some experience as well, but I'm not greedy. Can't see much in the way of a positive result otherwise. 

Aye, unless Marvin manages to recruit a 35+ year old, 7 foot tall bampot in the next couple of days I can only see this season ending in despair.

16 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Aye, unless Marvin manages to recruit a 35+ year old, 7 foot tall bampot in the next couple of days I can only see this season ending in despair.

Did someone who nearly fits that profile not recently sign for Johnstoneburgh,  ah well?

24 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

We still need that other option up top .

A player like Tommy Goss would the final piece in the jigsaw sadly  that has no chance of happening.

Back in the real world we will likely   be missing Cochrane and Brydon .

Botterill will be suspended but hopefully we will have Johnston back on loan. We always seem to struggle when we come up against Gardyne and McAllister who wins everything in the air amazing the difference having a big man up top..

38 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

A player like Tommy Goss would the final piece in the jigsaw sadly  that has no chance of happening.

Botterill will be suspended but hopefully we will have Johnston back on loan. We always seem to struggle when we come up against Gardyne and McAllister who wins everything in the air amazing the difference having a big man up top..

You're just oozing positivity after three wins on the bounce and 10 goals in 4 games aren't you?

Edited by Slipmat

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

McAllister is hardly towering over Gavin Reilly, think there's about 2 inches of a difference. 

On 26/08/2023 at 22:38, Greenacres said:

I've faith in Efe and McClelland ensuring that doesn't happen.

Edited by bod

On 26/08/2023 at 22:38, Greenacres said:

He won’t be winning any headers on Saturday at Palmerston. 

10 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Looks awfy like mcallister heading back to Peterhead. So no be bothering QoS on Saturday. 

Here's hoping. We don't have any defenders capable of winning headers against a player like McAllister. 

Montrose at home, they’re not in the best of form but I expect them to make it difficult for us by sitting in and we’ve struggled to break teams down so far who do this.

With no news so far of any additions to the squad I don’t expect many changes to last weeks starting line-up.

Young Cowie to step in for the suspended Botterill and if Cochrane hasn’t recovered then Ferguson, who did well in his first appearance last weekend, to come in.

I don’t expect it to be easy, but we have enough to see us pick up another win and carry the momentum we have started to gain. That would give us 12 points from the first 5 games which I’m sure most would have accepted.

Edited by bod

3 hours ago, bod said:

Place should be buzzing today after last night's activity. Great if we could get near the numbers of the last home game.

Aye, hopefully home support numbers stay up but obvs Montrose won't bring down anywhere near as many as Annan brought, plus there's not the "derby" aspect either. Be good to see numbers begin to rise again. 

Heads up to any Montrose travellers, temp traffic lights at Locharbriggs might cause slight  delay. (10 mins maybe if you hit it at wrong time)