Queens v Montrose

On 01/09/2023 at 09:31, bod said:

Montrose at home, they’re not in the best of form but I expect them to make it difficult for us by sitting in 

Unable to be there today, but judging by the updates I've read this may not quite have been the story of the first 15 minutes.

Wow. As bad as anything from last season. Montrose thoroughly deserving of thier lead but by f**k talk about gifting goals. Teams who can keep their shape must love playing against us as we're so obvious and easy to play. Ridiculously slow getting forward, so dodgy at the back. One of McKay or McClelland are lucky Efe clearly isn't 100% or I expect they'd have been hooked after 20 minutes. Expect he'll come on at HT. 

Fergusson has been a ghost in the middle, he needs to go as well. 

An early goal and you never know but I've no idea where it comes from if we don't seriously change something at HT. One more goal for Montrose and it's game over. 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

One of McKay or McClelland are lucky Efe clearly isn't 100% or I expect they'd have been hooked after 20 minutes. Expect he'll come on at HT.

Strange.  Who'd have thought it?  I mean, the last time McKay and McClelland formed our centre-back pairing we kept Alloa down to just the four goals.  

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

An early goal and you never know but I've no idea where it comes from if we don't seriously change something at HT. 

Maybe it's time to let Gibson "develop" a bit more?

1 minute ago, Slipmat said:

Strange.  Who'd have thought it?  I mean, the last time McKay and McClelland formed our centre-back pairing we kept Alloa down to just the four goals.  

Maybe it's time to let Gibson "develop" a bit more?

Gibson, Connelly and Ambrose all incoming. 

7 minutes ago, lyle be back said:

The only 3 league teams we've beaten are the poorest 3 in the league.

That's the worry.

Today was set up for us.  It should have been winnable ahead of games against more fancied teams, two of whom met today.  

I think there's a danger of Falkirk pulling away like Dunfermline did last year.  

Edited by Monkey Tennis

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's the worry.

Today was set up for us.  It should have been winnable ahead of games against more fancied teams, two of whom met today.  

I think there's a danger of Falkirk pulling away like Dunfermline did last year.  

As I posted earlier it's the QOS way for us to have a bit of momentum and some positivity after some signings yesterday only to immediately mess up.  

It's annoyingly all too familiar.