Hibernian's Next Permanent Manager 2023 Edition

Who will be Hibernian's Next Permanent Manager?  

315 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Just as well Greenock's finest have never been a basket case then... 

However, after a poor start to the 2009–10 season, losing five of the first six league matches and with the club at the basement of the First Division, Irons contract was terminated with immediate effect on 21 September 2009, alongside the club's assistant-manager Derek Collins.[11]

After the sacking of Davie Irons, Grady was made caretaker manager of Greenock Morton alongside Allan McManus.[7] They were appointed permanently (this time with McManus as his assistant) on Halloween 2009.[8] He left Morton on 9 May 2010, after eight months in charge of the club.[9]

14 years ago eh? You sure showed him pal.

I'd like to change my vote please, I'm now all behind David Marshall to be our next manager. I have no idea of his coaching philosophy but as long as it gets him out of the goal and on the bench I can only see this as a positive?! 

Fantastic career and servant to Scotland but we've definitely been one club too many for him unfortunately.

Robinson seems like the sensible appointment, but there's a part of me that thinks he'd struggle at a team with relatively high expectations. It was the reason I didn't want him at Hearts when the job was going. I think he takes a wee while to get teams working how he wants and not sure fans of Hibs will stick with it.

Montgomery looks a good manager but it's so hard to judge coming from that level. 

8 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Robinson seems like the sensible appointment, but there's a part of me that thinks he'd struggle at a team with relatively high expectations. It was the reason I didn't want him at Hearts when the job was going. I think he takes a wee while to get teams working how he wants and not sure fans of Hibs will stick with it.

Montgomery looks a good manager but it's so hard to judge coming from that level. 

He lost 8 of his first 9 games as St Mirren manager. Taking us from looking a good bet for top 6 to a relegation scrap. There were some fans calling for his head (I'll admit I was pretty close to it). Then after getting beat from Arbroath and Airdrie in the league cup there were a fair number of fans wanting him out.

If he did that at Hibs, or anything close to it, he'd be sacked.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/nick-montgomery-keen-on-hibs-job-as-central-coast-mariners-boss-makes-contact-with-easter-road-chiefs-4276224

Seemingly Montgomery has applied to the job. 

I'd be content with him as I'm not really of the view that this or any appointment is do or die for Hibs. We, Aberdeen and Hearts can generally afford to f**k it up, get relegated, and be back in the top 6 the season after. Not suggesting that's the route we should take, but I think we're in a good spot to take risks, just so long as they're well researched risks rather than being taken advantage of by predatory agents.

Anyway there's a fairly limited window of time when Hibs can get someone on the up. If its too early we won't take the risk, possibly to our detriment but equally possibly sensible. If our target proves enough that we're 100% interested then it's likely we're one of many interested parties, perhaps with deeper pockets than us and possibly also less basket-case-esque. 

11 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

He lost 8 of his first 9 games as St Mirren manager. Taking us from looking a good bet for top 6 to a relegation scrap. There were some fans calling for his head (I'll admit I was pretty close to it). Then after getting beat from Arbroath and Airdrie in the league cup there were a fair number of fans wanting him out.

If he did that at Hibs, or anything close to it, he'd be sacked.

That's kind if my thinking. When we were linked with him our fans are so weird he'd have toiled with a bad start, same as Hibs likely will.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

That's kind if my thinking. When we were linked with him our fans are so weird he'd have toiled with a bad start, same as Hibs likely will.

I think if the Hibs job had come up in pre season with them on a clean slate, budget in place, European football to play and no new St. Mirren contract signed, I'd have been a lot more worried at losing Robinson than I am just now.

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I think if the Hibs job had come up in pre season with them on a clean slate, budget in place, European football to play and no new St. Mirren contract signed, I'd have been a lot more worried at losing Robinson than I am just now.

The only relevant factor there is the new contract. Hibs might shy away from a big fee, but none of the rest of it really makes any difference.

It's a bigger job, it's a better job, it's a better-paid job. If he gets the chance, he'll take it. July or September makes no odds.

9 hours ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

Foyle would be a greater loss than Robinson.  

Preparing for the Manager leaving 😉

Robinson is the standout option. Sure he will cost Hibs compensation but he would get the club going in the right direction and if he does that at Hibs even bigger jobs will come along.

Lennon was decent enough at Hibs. But there was a lot of shit going on in the background unrelated to how he did in the job. Probably still people at Hibs that can or will recall that. So although he has been linked I cannot see that one happening. 

Robinson would be an eminently sensible appointment for Hibs - he's a steady manager who obviously knows the league inside out, with the right players can play attractive football and wouldn't need a settling in period. But given that Hibs are a massively weird club these days, they will go for another random chancer that has no clue about Scottish football, so I don't think St Mirren supporters need to be looking up the Samaritans yet.