Hibernian's Next Permanent Manager 2023 Edition

Who will be Hibernian's Next Permanent Manager?  

315 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

By 2040 the sport of football will be obsolete and replaced with a simulation ala FM/FIFA etc.

Run directly by the fans via Hibs Net or Jambo Kickback. What could go wrong?

7 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Surely a cool head is needed. Someone calm and thoughtful:

lennonfeargach.png.0487dda4a13bbeea07ed30e4c0c60456.png

We'd need to cover him up in bubble wrap whenever we're playing at tynecastle in order to protect him from the not so cool headed, not so calm or thoughtful rabies infested neds who would inevitably try to attack him.

I would go for a duo of Neil Francis Lennon and Malcolm George Mackay. Two no-nonsense operators who know what is required and will steady the ship in no time. Tactically astute Malky as Head Coach and Lenny as technical director, getting the boys fired up. What a statement that would be. I’m getting shivers just thinking about how the atmosphere at Easter Road would be for the first game. 

24 minutes ago, Zing. said:

He probably wouldn’t want it. Same with McInnes. The Hibs job can’t be that attractive to them when they are so comfortable in their current jobs and doing quite well.

We said much the same about Goodwin to Dons but there you go 

13 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Jack Ross played the exact same tactics against St Johnstone 5 times in their double season, resulting in us losing the chance of being in one cup final and winning another.

To suggest it was all on league form is completely wrong.

Good post, would read again. 

Someone apparently ITK told me Johnson got the job because he bamboozled the Hibs board with a PowerPoint presentation

Which would fit in with the David Brent allusions

Anyway, let's go round again as the AWB said;

Wanted: Hibs manager

Must play good attacking football like Brazil in 1970 but sort the defence out.

Must play the kids but must play experienced players who can compete

Must/mustn't listen to the Boo Boys and play/punt Player X

Must beat the Jambos four times a season

Mustn't have ever had any connection with Rangers or The Rangers whatsoever

No Yogis need apply 

39 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Watch you be around mid-table?

it seems like it is Hibs fans and board that need a reality check. Sacking managers for a bad run is what has lead to this perma-crisis mentality.

I agree completely, and am usually against flippant sackings. I would have kept Ross. But Johnson clearly didn’t understand fitba. So while Hibs fans need a reality check (I’d say a few seasons of fourth/fifth place is a reasonable target), a manager who can get us there is not an unreasonable ask