Batshit Mental Away Supporter Rules

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

This is a scandalous comment. A train is miles more comfortable, and you can drink in civilised environs where you can walk about easily and relax. Who cares if you've got a bit of a walk? You nip into a couple of boozers on the way. Far preferable to being dumped at some shite boozer the old punters running the bus like.

Kens. We can be pals.

Each to their own. Some may prefer a train however I don’t think that should mean it is surprising people still travel by bus. It is a very similar experience, although I understand people would have a preference.

My supporters club has its own bus as an example. We don’t need to hire so it would be silly to pay for a train when all we need to cover is the diesel on the bus.

It was maybe more the initial mockery of people travelling by bus I’ve taken umbrage to rather than the train vs bus debate.

Just now, Sortmeout said:

Aye singing about killing folk of a different religion must be a class day out.

Every interaction I have with you, you seem insistent on hijacking every reasonable and civil debate here.

Is it so hard to just let me discuss something in good faith?

Just now, TheScarf said:

I can't believe some folk reckon going to a game on a supporters bus/regular bus is better than a train. 

To be fair, I was simply contesting the point made that initially mocked folk going on a bus. It wasn’t really a bus v train comparison at that point. I concede that rail has it’s pros compared to bus, but I don’t think that makes travelling by bus bad 😂

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

Every interaction I have with you, you seem insistent on hijacking every reasonable and civil debate here.

Is it so hard to just let me discuss something in good faith?

You said a day out on a bus to away games was a good day out. I’m going to guess that’s a Rangers supporter bus where people are singing about killing Catholics. So are you saying that’s a good day out for you? 

Or are you on one of those multiple RSCs where there is absolutely no bigotry? 

5 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

You said a day out on a bus to away games was a good day out. I’m going to guess that’s a Rangers supporter bus where people are singing about killing Catholics. So are you saying that’s a good day out for you? 

Think you’re trying a wee tet too hard M8. 

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

It's funny isn't it? A bus full of Rangers fans is better than a train full of non-Rangers fans and Scotrail staff who could easily report them for.....something.

Edited by TheScarf

Just now, alta-pete said:

Think you’re trying a wee tet too hard M8. 

For saying that people shouldn’t find sitting amongst that sort of thing an enjoyable experience.

If I went on a bus to the next Killie away game and people were singing about killing Catholics I would cringe out of my skin and never go on that bus again.

Some rangers fans are actually taking their kids (willingly and proudly) into that environment. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, social services should be involved in these situations with some guidance for the parents.

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

For saying that people shouldn’t find sitting amongst that sort of thing an enjoyable experience.

If I went on a bus to the next Killie away game and people were singing about killing Catholics I would cringe out of my skin and never go on that bus again.

Some rangers fans are actually taking their kids (willingly and proudly) into that environment. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, social services should be involved in these situations with some guidance for the parents.

Social Services should be involved in families because of the team they support? 

3 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Social Services should be involved in families because of the team they support? 

They should be involved when the parents are teaching them to hate other people because of their religion. Absolutely. If I was at home teaching my daughter songs about killing Muslims or Jews I’m sure that wouldn’t go down well. Although of course I’m too responsible to ever do such a thing.

Would you willingly place your children, if you have any, in a place where the majority of people (sorry minority) are gleefully singing about the deaths of those from another religion? 

ETA - a lot of people in Scotland are probably like me in tryin to explain to their young children that because someone looks different, has a different name or different beliefs that doesn’t mean they are different or any better or worse than her. At the same time people are teaching 6 year olds the Bobby Sands song. If that’s me “trying too hard” then I’ll take that criticism gladly.

Edited by Sortmeout

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Rangers fan in preferring non-policed echo chamber shocker.

You can pretty much guarantee it's only the majority of Rangers and Celtic fans who will prefer their supporters buses to trains.