Plucky County v Troubled Plucky Livi - 16/9/23

Murray reminds me of Tony Watt, a right pain in the arse to play against, and always caused us problems. Between him and White our defenders will have a battle on their hands, but we seem a hell of a lot better at the back than last season. Would love to see us going with Guthrie and Anderson up front from the start, and even having Nouble on the wing, but expecting us to keep Anderson on the bench again, staring Nouble, Guthrie & Pittman as our front players.

Wondering if Lloyd will get a run out in the 2nd half, looking forward to seeing him play, got a lot of good comments from fans of his ex clubs, sounds like a Pittman type player, full of energy and gives his all.

We're usually never great after a break, so i'd be delighted taking a point here, keeping our solid start to the season going.

1 hour ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Its reported that other than long term absentees Callachan and Paton we have a full squad to choose from.   I'm not convinced Malky knows his best starting XI so this may help answer that question.  Or not. 

I predict a 3-0 County win, Murray hattrick.

😂😂😂.

International breaks are weird, I genuinely couldn't remember how our season's been going so far. Also I have zero idea who's injured or suspended other than Montano

George

de Lucas  -  Obileye  -  Devlin

Brandon  -  Holt  -  Sangare  -  Penrice

Pittman  -  Nouble

Anderson

Edited by LiviLion

Livi (our last game aside) are always a pain in the arse. Just work hard but now Connor Randall isn't playing centre half, it means Livi don't have the "stick Nouble on him at crosses and get the cigars out" option.

Tentatively going 2-1 to County, but this could easily be 1-1 or 1-2.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

International breaks are weird, I genuinely couldn't remember how our season's been going so far. Also I have zero idea who's injured or suspended other than Montano

George

de Lucas  -  Obileye  -  Devlin

Brandon  -  Holt  -  Sangare  -  Penrice

Pittman  -  Nouble

Anderson

Think half of our CB's were injured, and Shinnie took that head and neck injury against St Mirren, but Martindale reckoned the International break would see them back fit for this game, Montano aside anyway. Parkes has prob picked up another injury tying his shoe laces or something right enough.

Don't know a lot about County this season so had a quick look at who they've signed.... a bucket load of defenders and midfielders plus one on loan striker from St Mirren?

Its going to take an unmitigated optimist to predict anything more than a nil - nil draw

Just now, Durnford said:

Don't know a lot about County this season so had a quick look at who they've signed.... a bucket load of defenders and midfielders plus one on loan striker from St Mirren?

Its going to take an unmitigated optimist to predict anything more than a nil - nil draw

Brophy has signed with us now, just coming off an injury.

4 hours ago, Durnford said:

Oddly the one result I don't expect is 0-0. Across 9 League & Cup games County have been involved in 0 0-0s. Only game we haven't scored in was the Rangers loss, only clean sheets we've nabbed were against Killie & St Johnstone.

So yeah, there will be goals. (Watch me be wrong)

Given that:

a) County won with a clean sheet at Rugby Park with a back three of Nightingale, Baldwin and Leak
b) Livi will almost certainly be using three centre-backs themselves
c) Nightingale's presser detailed Malky talking to the three defenders working together

County will stick with the 5-3-2/3-4-1-2 and my guess is it'll be the same XI that started vs Killie.

I think I'd prefer an extra midfielder on the pitch. I'll be watching out for how high County's centre-backs have to go up the pitch to pick up Livi's attacking midfielders. County's defence has already shown that they are reasonably adept at defending deep, but today will be a different type of game for them. 

Laidlaw

Nightingale | Baldwin | Leak

Brown   | Randall | Turner |   Reid

Dhanda

White | Murray

22 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Would love to see us going with Guthrie and Anderson up front from the start, and even having Nouble on the wing, but expecting us to keep Anderson on the bench again, staring Nouble, Guthrie & Pittman as our front players.

Have to say I’m not the master of all-things-Livingston, but I do recall your man Guthrie coming under a lot of stick prior to the game we won 2-0 in Dingwall last season. He then got sent off in that game and fans were calling for his head. Has he had a RCC-esque turn around in his fortunes this summer as I thought he was an absolute dud?

19 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Have to say I’m not the master of all-things-Livingston, but I do recall your man Guthrie coming under a lot of stick prior to the game we won 2-0 in Dingwall last season. He then got sent off in that game and fans were calling for his head. Has he had a RCC-esque turn around in his fortunes this summer as I thought he was an absolute dud?

He has started redeeming himself purely because he looks more alright than just useless. Still not great but been putting in much more of a shift this season than last. 

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I was at that game, and our fans were telling Martindale to appeal his sending off so he'd get extra match bans.😂 

Yeah he was terrible last season, he really isn't a striker, in that he doesn't score goals, but i think if we played him as the big target man for Anderson to feed off he'd do alright. We keep playing him as a target man with Anderson (our best striker) sitting on the bench, and he ends up being isolated knocking balls off to opposition defenders, not his fault, just the tactics Martindale plays. Idea is to soften up the opposition for Anderson to come on later and score goals to win the game. It's working to a point*, but i'd like to see how we'd get on with Anderson playing alongside him from the start of games.  

*my attempt at subtle humour with the 2 draws in our first 4 games

Edited by LIVIFOREVER