Russell Brand - In Plain Sight

ICTChris

19 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

Then why was nothing made of it at the time? Why is it that in these kinds of situations, a multitude of women just so happen to simultaneously come forward at precisely the same time decades later?

19 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

The man had celebrity status and a whole lot of money behind him. 

You've literally answered your own questions later in the very same post. 

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You've literally answered your own questions later in the very same post. 

This has been a very confused and irrational head's gone.

We've all had people we've liked or respected that have turned out to be nogoodniks; knee-jerk defence rarely works out to be the best option.

20 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

Then why was nothing made of it at the time? Why is it that in these kinds of situations, a multitude of women just so happen to simultaneously come forward at precisely the same time decades later? I'm not saying Brand was a good person in the past. The guy had a multitude of problems, particularly with drug and alcohol use. So I can certainly believe that he was involved in risky behaviour scenarios. But that doesn't automatically equate to rape. The man had celebrity status and a whole lot of money behind him. Hardly a stretch that women would get involved with him sexually due to the money and status, then perhaps have regrets about it later. Which again, doesn't automatically equate to rape or sexual assault.

I hope to f**k there are no females close to you in your life you utter fucking wrong un.

6 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

He's an attention whore. He'd shave his arse, paint himself pink and change his name to Fred the Flamingo if it got him another hundred followers. 

He'll be loving all this - getting more views than he's had for years and everyone's talking about his favourite subject - him. 

That said, much of it will be about how 'great' he is.  If more folk than not perceive him in a deeply negative context, that'll cut deep.

Edited by Hedgecutter
can't prooof read

One detail that the accuser 'Alice', who was in a relationship with Brand when she was 16, gave is that he had asked her to send him naked pictures but when he found out she was 16 he told her that she should never send him any pictures of herself.  The law allows a sexual relationship between any adults over 16 but pictures of under 18s are illegal. EDITED - Her story about this is actually in the tweet that @throbber posted above.

I didn't know this until reading this story - the fact that Brand, a man in his 30s, had detailed knowledge of laws about naked pictures of 16 year old girls is very dodgy IMO.  

Edited by ICTChris

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

One detail that the accuser 'Alice', who was in a relationship with Brand when she was 16, gave is that he had asked her to send him naked pictures but when he found out she was 16 he told her that she should never send him any pictures of herself.  The law allows a sexual relationship between any adults over 16 but pictures of under 18s are illegal. EDITED - Her story about this is actually in the tweet that @throbber posted above.

I didn't know this until reading this story - the fact that Brand, a man in his 30s, had detailed knowledge of laws about naked pictures of 16 year old girls is very dodgy IMO.  

Chances are he was in fairly regular meetings with his lawyers - I expect these accusations have been following Brand around for years but never reached the public domain until now . 

You could imagine the lawyers saying “ right Russell is there anything else this month that we need to know about “ and dishing out advice in response. 

35 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Chances are he was in fairly regular meetings with his lawyers - I expect these accusations have been following Brand around for years but never reached the public domain until now . 

You could imagine the lawyers saying “ right Russell is there anything else this month that we need to know about “ and dishing out advice in response. 

'Groomer, Fiddler, Toucher & Pederast LLP - Nonce Brief to the Stars'

On 23/09/2023 at 21:41, StellarHibee said:

I was actually quite surprised by his well spoken vocabulary when I came across one of his videos on youtube a couple of years back. You wouldn't have thought he was somebody who previously engaged in reckless behaviour and substance abuse if you hadn't known him up to that point.

I’d have gone with “When you order Will Self off Wish.com” if it wasn’t so fucking insulting to Will Self.