Clyde vs Elgin City

35 minutes ago, afca32 said:

I think we have some reason to be positive as our young team is showing signs of gelling. Clyde away has rarely been an easy fixture for us but at least it's not at Broadwood. Hopefully we can sneak a win.

City musn't lose this one. I'd settle for a point at the moment.

I'd go as far as saying tomorrow's game is absolutely season defining.

If Elgin win it sends them 6 points clear of us and with Forfar and East Fife likely to get their acts together at least vaguely at some point, that gap could absolutely f**k us.

Considering the fact that we've only won 3 league games in over 13 months, clawing back 6 points even at this stage seems nigh-on impossible.

Elgin heading in the right direction after a narrow loss to Morton and a win last week against promotion favourites Dumbarton. Two of our  five league games have resulted in clean sheets and it doesn't sound as if Clyde can score. Away win., hopefully I've not jinxed it.

16 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

The wee man woke up this morning "is is Saturday?" Yes, "Yass! Clyde are gonna win today!" 

Don't worry I've checked him for a fever and he seems to be fine. I wish I shared his optimism though. 

Oh remember it well. My two are in their 20’s now and are are depressed and cynical as their Dad about the Clyde. 
Enjoy it while you can, while it lasts 👍

49 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

The wee man woke up this morning "is is Saturday?" Yes, "Yass! Clyde are gonna win today!" 

Don't worry I've checked him for a fever and he seems to be fine. I wish I shared his optimism though. 

We can’t make it today, the wee guy is gutted (for some reason). I’ve got to the stage where I’m really not that bothered. Still hoping for a win obviously, todays game could be season defining. After 11 games and no wins we really need this today.