Killie vs Saints 30/9

In isolation, getting a point a Killie is a decent result. What with the McInnes hoodoo and all that stuff. 

But on a weekend when our two main rivals drop points it would have been good to put clear water between us and them. Also would have been nice to keep the pressure on the ****. They were very fortunate to emulate our result at fir park. I can see the cracks there. If we are going to be serious title contenders then we need to be changing these draws into wins. That last minute penalty against the Dons has really come back to haunt us. 

15 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Can't argue with the result but I'm a wee bit disappointed as didn't think we really tested Kilmarnock at all.

Just about every cross seemed to float harmlessly into Dennis's arms, which was a bit frustrating. Hopefully McMenamin is OK, could do without him being injured.

Pretty sure it’s his groin so it could be a bad one. I thought he roasted Ndaba for the first 10-15 then Ndaba had him covered.

Edited by Sortmeout

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

Yesterday was clearly what happens when two well-drilled, organised teams come up against each other.

This league would be absolutely gubbed if every team decided to be well organised.

For me that's a bit why I can't be bothered with the EPL. Both teams will be set up well and it just becomes a numbers game based on who has the best stats .

Great to see Hemming back to last season's form. Just an absolute howler. Very strange from him as coming and collecting crosses and balls in the air is by far the biggest strength of his game. 

Thought Magennis' own goal was a howler and he followed it up moments later with a shocker of a pass before getting injured. Need to feel for him as he's been good for us, hopefully a speedy recovery. 

On paper I think we've made obvious improvements. The back four, on paper, is an improvement. The likes of Magennis and Kennedy seem obvious improvements on what we had. 

At the moment though there are still just far too many shitey performances and soft, awful goals given away. 

Have never liked McInnes and just keep hoping it comes good for him. Hopefully the obvious improvements mentioned will start to mean improved performances. We had two fantastic showings against the old firm and since then it's been largely dire. 

Haven't really understood the Hemming hype in recent weeks, minus the save against Hearts, and I think his frailties were exposed throughout the first half yesterday. The goal was clearly his fault, regardless of what came before. He has to be stronger when he comes to collect, and you could tell that was a sentiment echoed by the defence when, as Hemming protested for a foul, that Gogic seemed to be questioning what the hell he was playing at. Before that, he was slow coming off his line to collect balls behind the defence and there were at least two occasions were that hesitation put us under pressure. I feel a few folk have tried to rewrite history due to the way Carson left the club, but goalie is the one position that we are 100% weaker in this year. That said, he is still a decent shot stopper and when he does actually come for crosses he tends to win the ball.

Despite my moaning, overall, a draw at Rugby Park is a decent result. We are continuing to pick up points despite not playing great in recent weeks. Wee bit concerned with O'Hara's performances since coming back in. He looks like he is still not 100% fit in my opinion, and can only hope that we see the O'Hara we got used to last season as the games continue to come around. You could probably copy and paste that for Ryan Strain as well.

Tanser was excellent again yesterday as was Gogic. McMenamin plays in spits and splurts, but when he takes on his man he looks dangerous.

A final word on Magennis. Can't help but feel sorry for him. If it wasn't for injuries he would be playing nowhere near Scottish football, an infinitely better player than Mallan and Erhahon.

4 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Great to see Hemming back to last season's form. Just an absolute howler. Very strange from him as coming and collecting crosses and balls in the air is by far the biggest strength of his game. 

Thought Magennis' own goal was a howler and he followed it up moments later with a shocker of a pass before getting injured. Need to feel for him as he's been good for us, hopefully a speedy recovery. 

On paper I think we've made obvious improvements. The back four, on paper, is an improvement. The likes of Magennis and Kennedy seem obvious improvements on what we had. 

At the moment though there are still just far too many shitey performances and soft, awful goals given away. 

Have never liked McInnes and just keep hoping it comes good for him. Hopefully the obvious improvements mentioned will start to mean improved performances. We had two fantastic showings against the old firm and since then it's been largely dire. 

Mcginnes unfortunately is injury prone just ask Hibs also. It's a shame as he could have went far in the game. 

I’m still (just) in the McInnes-in camp however just as a bit of a controversial opinion I would argue that Tommy Wright would maybe do better with the squad (just stealing 1-0 wins) than McInnes is.

ETA - that is 100% not me saying I would rather Wright over McInnes just an observation on where we are currently.

Edited by Sortmeout

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m still (just) in the McInnes-in camp however just as a bit of a controversial opinion I would argue that Tommy Wright would maybe do better with the squad (just stealing 1-0 wins) than McInnes is.

ETA - that is 100% not me saying I would rather Wright over McInnes just an observation on where we are currently.

Also just wanted to let every other Kilmarnock fan know that against Hibs at the start I said I was really impressed with Dennis in goals. A couple of minutes later he scored an OG (to be fair nothing he could really do about it).

Yesterday I sat down and said to my brother in law “I’ve been really impressed with Magennis so far. Hasn’t done anything wrong and despite all the injury talk he looks fit and sharp”.

BOOM.

Edited by Sortmeout

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Also just wanted to let every other Kilmarnock fan know that against Hibs at the start I said I was really impressed with Dennis in goals. A couple of minutes later he scored an OG (to be fair nothing he could really do about it).

Yesterday I sat down and said to my brother in law “I’ve been really impressed with Magennis so far. Hasn’t done anything wrong and despite all the injury talk he looks fit and sharp”.

BOOM.

If at some point this week you could loudly point out that Beale is a decent coach and will turn things around, that'd be grand, thanks.

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m not the brightest but I’m not a complete moron.

Still, got to be worth a try though. I wouldn't even begrudge Hendo celebrating St Mirren finishing second although I am fairly confident elvis would still be complaining.

39 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Still, got to be worth a try though. I wouldn't even begrudge Hendo celebrating St Mirren finishing second although I am fairly confident elvis would still be complaining.

The closest they’ll get to finishing top 2 will be if they put those Celtic badges all over their stadium again.