East Fife v Forfar (30/09/23)

Looking forward to visiting the new Bayview, have been to the old one many times but first time visiting the new stadium tomorrow.

Looks like it should be a pretty even match on paper, but I'll go for a Forfar win after our good performance last week.

I imagine we will start with the same team we started with last week, but also wouldn't surprise me if he made a couple of changes.

3 hours ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Looking forward to visiting the new Bayview, have been to the old one many times but first time visiting the new stadium tomorrow.

Don’t get excited, it’s a soulless place, the original Bayview was a cracking wee ground.

I remember last season being there and entry is cashless but the pie shop is cash only 🙈

Better 2nd half. Still no cutting edge about us, skelly needs to have a look before just swiping at the ball.

East Fife much like ourselves, can't really do much in the final 3rd. Point probably fair in the end.

An awful game but Forfar we’re the better team though it took a Fleming mistake for the equaliser.He has saved East Fife plenty of times and one of the few who has played well this season.

East Fife we’re really poor and it says it all that 37 year old Alan Trouten was our hardest working player.

28 minutes ago, sneed hearn said:

An awful game but Forfar we’re the better team though it took a Fleming mistake for the equaliser.He has saved East Fife plenty of times and one of the few who has played well this season.

East Fife we’re really poor and it says it all that 37 year old Alan Trouten was our hardest working player.

Thought the centre half pairing for EF played quite well, no nonsense stuff. Both clubs seem to be in the same place atm, average as f**k.

A draw probably a fair outcome over the 90 minutes. East Fife goal the only real bit of quality We produced in 90 minutes. Nathan Austin did well to create the opening and he looked much fitter today. Forfar passed it about well in the middle of the park without any real cutting edge in the first half. The boy on loan from Dundee Utd McLeod was always showing for the ball and everything Forfar did well went through him. For me East Fifes biggest problem is the midfield Brogan Walls was poor and constantly gave the ball away we needed to sign a a midfield general before the window closed but we’ve missed that bus. If Austin gets back to his best he’ll need better service than he got today. 2nd half Forfar stopped playing through their midfield and went more route one but I honestly couldn’t see them scoring . Can’t be to harsh on Fleming he’s been by far our stand out player so far this season. But when you come for a corner you really have to make it. You can see how both teams in the lower half of the league as goals will be hard to come by.We looked shaky defensively in the first half but looked more solid after the break. Forfar looked decent at the back  and caught East Fife offside on numerous occasions. Lastly the stand side linesman no point in him being there never assisted the ref once. Ref did ok did his best to keep his cards in his pocket which is unusual these days.

A draw probably the right result in the end, although thought we finished strong at the end and looked like we might take the 3 points.

Agree Skelly needs to have a bit more awareness of things around him and not just swing a leg at it every time he’s anywhere near the box.

Tough one next week, but be good to back on home turf.