East Fife v Forfar (30/09/23)

17 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Agree Skelly needs to have a bit more awareness of things around him and not just swing a leg at it every time he’s anywhere near the box.

I really want Josh to do well, but he needs to get out of the habit of shooting immediately when the ball lands at him. On more than one occasion today he had time to take a touch, look up & then make his decision, if he's going to be the main striker, he needs to be more clinical. Can't fault his work ethic.

57 minutes ago, TheClosingArguement said:

I really want Josh to do well, but he needs to get out of the habit of shooting immediately when the ball lands at him. On more than one occasion today he had time to take a touch, look up & then make his decision, if he's going to be the main striker, he needs to be more clinical. Can't fault his work ethic.

Yeah, I agree.

Workrate excellent, just needs to work on decision making.

I said exactly the same at the match, just needs to take a touch sometimes and maybe look to pick out a pass.

But I suppose a striker’s natural instinct is to take the shot.

For what it's worth, I thought:

Forfar are a big improvement on last season's outfit. 

The teams cancelled each other out. It was played at a high tempo from the first whistle, both sides playing a high pressing game. 

Alan Trouten was the best player on the park by a country mile. I'm not quite sure where the sponsors got the motm from. 

I thought East Fife were fortunate to go in a goal up at the break, but looked comfy until the equaliser which completely knocked us out of our stride. 

By the way, I popped into the East Dock Bar pre match and there was a bus load of young Forfar folk on a day trip, half of them couldn't be arsed attending the game. 

10 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

By the way, I popped into the East Dock Bar pre match and there was a bus load of young Forfar folk on a day trip, half of them couldn't be arsed attending the game. 

That group venture out once a season. A handful do watch the 90 minutes & have an interest in the team. The rest are just ugly sisters supporters getting hammered on Smirnoff Ice.