Dunfermline vs Ayr - Sat 21st Oct

4 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

If you have a VPN or your located abroad you can use ParsTv. 

Have literally just landed back here from abroad and I don’t have a VPN, think I should be able to find a stream elsewhere though.

As for the game I’d take a draw today. 1-1, Chalmers and Chalmers to score.

On 18/10/2023 at 14:35, D'Jaffo said:

That was the usual from McCall. He loved nothing more than to create a bit of needle as he felt it suited some of our players more in big games. Certainly worked when we went up against Raith in League One as they were a much more fragile side than us. Didn’t really work against a Dunfermline side that had the likes of Geggan, Talbot, Falkingham and Cardle.

It was a decent Ayr team (no where near the one that won the league a couple of years after) but realistically Nicky Devlin was the only Ayr player that would’ve gotten into the Dunfermline team that year. 

It kinda worked from McCall, because that season I actually disliked Ayr quite a bit, purely due to competition. Without either of us having a derby in the league that season it became the big fixture.

Devlin was always good against us, and rightly would have got into our team.

42 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Sun's out. Game on

Aye,  after all the shite weather and worry about the game,  it looks like the game is going to be played in about as good of conditions you could have at this time of year.

There's going to be a minutes silence for Jim Maclean who played for both clubs.  

https://dafc.co.uk/jim-maclean-2-march-1938-19-october-2023/

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

Just a wee heads up for Ayr fans. There’s roadworks on the Kincardine bridge, so I’d give yourselves a bit of extra time if that’s the only route you know. Queensferry and clacks bridges are fine tho. 

I wish to congratulate you on reaching 300 posts.

16 minutes ago, 101 said:

So much weather chat. 

We thinking Mehmet and Summers back into the starting XI?

Comrie at RWB to accommodate Breen? Or stick with the 5 with MOH at RWB?

If Mehmet’s fully fit, he should start. Think I’d stick with Comrie at RCB and O’Halloran at RWB. Think we’ll see Otoo used in midfield if Breen’s back.

edit - Summers starting is obviously a no-brainer, assuming he’s back fit.

Edited by CallumPar

13 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I wish to congratulate you on reaching 300 posts.

Wait! I’ve heard about this. 
This is called cyber stalking, eh? 
I feel honoured that I have a P&B cyber stalker. Please don’t up your status to cyber bullying 

thanks 😉

Got my hopes up thinking Bene was now back but just read the article and realised he’s still a couple of weeks away as is Matty & Kane. Honestly having them back is going amazing, the latter two especially, like new signings.

Fancy Deniz to come back in goals and Breen to potentially come back into centre half, if maybe get Otoo further forward if we can. Summers has to play if fit.