Bairns playing with Haugheys toy

Reggie Perrin

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Interested to hear how Bisland, Ola and Allan got on for anyone that cares to supply a bit of insight. Also Yeats presumably moving into the midfield how did he get on?

They all did well and looked comfortable, Bisland looked decent and tried to get forward a lot. Their keeper took Ola out and for me it should have been another pen. It was a really comfortable win, Jordan Allan doesn’t suit the lone striker role but he worked his socks off, got in good positions and was really unlucky not to add to his goal. Finn was excellent and improves every game for me.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Interested to hear how Bisland, Ola and Allan got on for anyone that cares to supply a bit of insight. Also Yeats presumably moving into the midfield how did he get on?

Bisland looked good and got better as the game went on though he was up against number 28 McCormick who was atrocious.

Ola caused them plenty of problems, Yeats would have been my choice for man of the match and Allan put in a decent shift.

Good afternoons work. 

We are an exceptionally poor team right now. Falkirk were worse than anything we've played in the league this season and we still didn't even come close to taking advantage of that.

Ferrie probably saved us from a really embarrassing result. Can't say I'm all that fussed about being out of this tournament, but I continue to be seriously concerned about the consistent mistakes at the back, our lack of urgency going forward, and the fact that this group of players clearly has absolutely no confidence in their own ability.

It's pretty clear that Veldman is going to get sacked sooner rather than later. Airdrie away next week (on TV too, so everyone can see it) is a real worry.

Edited by Zanetti

1 minute ago, Zanetti said:

We are an exceptionally poor team right now. Falkirk were worse than anything we've played in the league this season and we still didn't even come close to taking advantage of that.

Ferrie probably saved us from a really embarrassing result. Can't say I'm all that fussed about being out of this tournament, but I continue to be seriously concerned about our lack of urgency going forward, and the fact that this group of players clearly has absolutely no confidence in their own ability.

It's pretty clear that Veldman is going to get sacked sooner rather than later. Airdrie away next week (on TV too, so everyone can see it) is a real worry.

That’s probably as easy a win as we have had all season and that was with a lot of second string players, Edinburgh City put up more off a fight.

8 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Colour me shocked that a team from the league below (not to mention the fact we had at least 5 regulars rested/injured) are the worst you’ve played all season. And you still couldn’t lay a glove. Get it right up you, salty tears. 

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Colour me shocked that a team from the league below (not to mention the fact we had at least 5 regulars rested/injured) are the worst you’ve played all season. And you still couldn’t lay a glove. Get it right up you, salty tears. 

Thanks for agreeing with me? Odd post.

11 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

It was a criticism of our team, not yours. We still struggled against an even poorer standard than we have, and will continue to play against this season.

I'm not sure how you can say we're worse than anything you've faced this season as we've played 4 championship sides now. Beaten 2 in 90 mins, beaten one on pens when we should've won in 90 mins and lost one nil to united and that was only  due to a  crazy cockup by Lang.

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

They all did well and looked comfortable, Bisland looked decent and tried to get forward a lot. Their keeper took Ola out and for me it should have been another pen. It was a really comfortable win, Jordan Allan doesn’t suit the lone striker role but he worked his socks off, got in good positions and was really unlucky not to add to his goal. Finn was excellent and improves every game for me.

Frustrating for Allan that the game was opening up and starting to suit him just as he got subbed. Also thought that should have been another penalty but will wait for the highlights before making a firm judgement.

Largely comfortable afternoon, although we did have a sloppy period right after taking the lead and a better side would have punished us. I'd have given Lang MOTM as he seemed to be everywhere when QP did managed to break the lines. Honourable mention to Yeats as well who strolled it in both his positions.

Decent enough showing today and happy to progress, especially given rotation. Agreed that it was so frustrating to see Allan subbed right when we might start to see a role that would suit him.

QP were worse than anything we’d played this season barring Edinburgh City. Therefore a slight disappointment we didn’t write home the clear advantage we had all afternoon. Championship seems to be a shocker this season with DU winning it by 10+ points. 

Would take TNS away in the next round! 

Edited by bairn88