Who’s on the plane?

Donathan

2 hours ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Things change in football, form, fitness, tactical requirements, squad size, player development, injuries.

Don't get your hopes up. 

10 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Watching Hummels playing for Dortmund last week I can't believe he's been omitted. How good are the rest of their defenders!

41 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I don't recall saying I don't support them I just don't have the same background as most on here to have that same feeling. There is plenty of teams on here however that I give opinions on here and don't support, it's the whole point of an open forum really, not to have some echo chamber.

Still a bit weird you're posting on a Scotland national team forum though if you're not born here and have no affiliation? 

4 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Still a bit weird you're posting on a Scotland national team forum though if you're not born here and have no affiliation? 

This isn't really a Scottish national team forum as such, it's a sub section of a Scottish football forum. I've lived in Scotland most my life and follow Scottish football so it's understandable that I have an interest in it's National team.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Was there ever any quotes to this or was it the usual baseless clickbait shite? 

It's not controversial or a hot take to think that Steve Clarke wouldn't really be be considering  calling up a striker for the Euros who hasn't scored a goal in senior football yet,  probably isn't really match fit and hasn't been called up to the squad before. He's certainly a prospect but the timing isn't right for a number of reasons. 

ETA -also just because someone has a different opinion to you doesn't make them a liar ffs

He's a winger rather than a striker. If he was fit, I think he'd have ended the season with 10-15 appearances for Liverpool and would have been fairly likely to be in the squad.

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

This isn't really a Scottish national team forum as such, it's a sub section of a Scottish football forum. I've lived in Scotland most my life and follow Scottish football so it's understandable that I have an interest in it's National team.

But you don't support Scotland? Sounds like a typical Celtic fan

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He's a winger rather than a striker. If he was fit, I think he'd have ended the season with 10-15 appearances for Liverpool and would have been fairly likely to be in the squad.

I should have said forward tbf, and yeah due to lack of options up top had he played player abit more he would have been in discussion.

Just now, Butters Scotch said:

It's not that I don't support them, see my earlier post further up. 

5 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Wether he supports Scotland or not doesn't exclusively stop him from commenting on this thread. To say such a thing is bordering on the xenophobic. If people on here can't comment on other teams, then this whole site wouldn't exist.

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Well yes, quite possibly, but we had speculation on here last week quoting press sources that he was getting picked in the 26 anyway and he's been injured for 5 months! Thats pretty mental.

In truth its quite mental we all still think Hickey might make it when he's been out every bit as long but Hickey's genuinely crucial to us and deserves a bit more latitude, plus its possibly a large dose of wishful thinking at this stage.

Just now, Highlandmagar said:

Wether he supports Scotland or not doesn't exclusively stop him from commenting on this thread. To say such a thing is bordering on the xenophobic. If people on here can't comment on other teams, then this whole site wouldn't exist.

Don't get your knickers in a twist, no one is being xenophobic

5 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

51 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He is a winger rather than a striker, however, Clarke has been quoted as saying he believes he could play through the middle for us and indeed that’s where he plays for our U21s.

Tbh that’s irrelevant atm anyway as 1. He’s been injured for a considerable period of time and 2. Anyone who watched his last few appearances for Liverpool would have seen that there’s abit to go yet for him to be ready for top level football. 

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

I don't recall saying I don't support them

On 27/01/2021 at 12:07, gannonball said:

I have literally explained to you on another thread why I dont really support a national team. 

Yeah I've a good memory 

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well yes, quite possibly, but we had speculation on here last week quoting press sources that he was getting picked in the 26 anyway and he's been injured for 5 months! Thats pretty mental.

In truth its quite mental we all still think Hickey might make it when he's been out every bit as long but Hickey's genuinely crucial to us and deserves a bit more latitude, plus its possibly a large dose of wishful thinking at this stage.

Obviously hoping Doak has a huge career but if I was to choose a pacey young forward to make the team at the moment it would be Tommy Conway.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Connor Barron 👀

I saw Barron's name mentioned in the papers/social media. I'm sure there'll be some interest from Scotland, but just have to wait and see whether that materializes in the form of a call up. It might not mean anything beyond Scotland getting details around fitness if he's on the standby list or it might mean he's brought a long ala Gilmour, Patterson and Turnbull last Euro's.

It was reported that Scotland are doing fitness for duty checks this week. It just depends on what Clarke wants to do with the extra three spaces. I think there will be at least one player who is unexpected, a young player or maybe someone a bit more senior - maybe both.

image.png.45ae43cd62d46447681c5a34772b53dd.png

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/12696085/scotland-steve-clarke-euro-2024-aberdeen-connor-barron/

Edited by 2426255

Posted (edited)

It's very obvious that Barron is going to go on to have a meaningful Scotland career. McGinn, McGregor, Jack, McLean, Armstrong and Christie all in their late 20s or older, so get him in I say. We're going to be needing him in all likelyhood by the time the next Euros come around. 

Edited by Jives Miguel

I quite like him. He's a tidy player but I'm not sure he's at the level you'd want from someone with his skillset, which makes me worry that he'll just end up being another Dylan McGeouch. Maybe that's unfair. 

37 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

It's very obvious that Barron is going to go on to have a meaningful Scotland career. McGinn, McGregor, Jack, McLean, Armstrong and Christie all in their late 20s or older, so get him in I say. We're going to be needing him in all likelyhood by the time the next Euros come around. 

Pretty sure most people would of said the same of Gauld and look what happened. 

49 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I saw Barron's name mentioned in the papers/social media. I'm sure there'll be some interest from Scotland, but just have to wait and see whether that materializes in the form of a call up. It might not mean anything beyond Scotland getting details around fitness if he's on the standby list or it might mean he's brought a long ala Gilmour, Patterson and Turnbull last Euro's.

It was reported that Scotland are doing fitness for duty checks this week. It just depends on what Clarke wants to do with the extra three spaces. I think there will be at least one player who is unexpected, a young player or maybe someone a bit more senior - maybe both.

image.png.45ae43cd62d46447681c5a34772b53dd.png

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/12696085/scotland-steve-clarke-euro-2024-aberdeen-connor-barron/

I couldn't believe he only had three U21 caps... and that's because he doesn't. 

Looks like The Sun just went with his Wikipedia page rather than his profile on the SFA website

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I couldn't believe he only had three U21 caps... and that's because he doesn't. 

Looks like The Sun just went with his Wikipedia page rather than his profile on the SFA website

That's the Sun for you. Take everything with a pinch of salt. Also a good reminder that wikipedia isn't always as reliable as people might think it is.

Edited by 2426255