Who’s on the plane?

Donathan

1 minute ago, Highlandmagar said:

Jesus! He pick a teenager who hadn't kicked a ball in months, then that player withdraws from yëthe squad. How incompetent do you want manager to be?

Give us your squad then, pep

Just now, MarkoRaj said:

Give us your squad then, pep

A vey lazy retort. Clarke knew full well of Doak's injuries, but still picks him? Made an arse of it. Then Doak withdraws, surprise, it smack of media telling what to do. Surely he could have picked a fit promising youngster instead. Clarke is out of his depth at this level.

Just now, Highlandmagar said:

A vey lazy retort. Clarke knew full well of Doak's injuries, but still picks him? Made an arse of it. Then Doak withdraws, surprise, it smack of media telling what to do. Surely he could have picked a fit promising youngster instead. Clarke is out of his depth at this level.

What “fit promising youngster” should he have selected? 

Just now, Quentin Taranbino said:

Is he a good forward mate?

He would have taken him for the experience. He isn't even takeing Doak, although injured , for the experience. Admit it, Clarke has made an utter shambles of it.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Highlandmagar said:

Don't go overboard.

Should Clarke have picked a bigger squad, with a few u21 players in the mix? Yes.

He's taken us to two tournaments. He's hardly out of his depth.

He's a human being. He makes mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes.

Edited by SlayerX

8 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Jesus! He pick a teenager who hadn't kicked a ball in months, then that player withdraws from yëthe squad. How incompetent do you want manager to be?

Aye, that occasionally happens. Managers take a gamble on a player and it doesn’t pay off. I’m not sure who he spoke to before picking Doak. Anyway, it hasn’t worked out. 

We do need to find or produce some decent Scottish strikers. 

Posted (edited)

Lewis Morgan called up. 

I think that's a smart addition, I haven't watched him regularly since 2018 but he's been in great form over in the MLS. 

Edited by HoBNob

6 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Lewis Morgan called up. 

I think that's a smart addition, I haven't watched him regularly since 2018 but he's been in great form over in the MLS. 

I’d say he’s now certain to go.  

So probably a keeper and a centre back will drop out.

That confirms Doak was definitely going if he was fit, Clarke clearly wants a pacy winger who can stretch a game if needed.

Calling up someone playing in MLS instead of Fraser for that role suggests Clarke is done with him.

19 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’d say he’s now certain to go.  

So probably a keeper and a centre back will drop out.

I was wondering if it meant that Armstrong isn’t as fit as hoped but yeh a CB could leave.

Just now, accies1874 said:

All I can picture is happy ScotsAbroadPod followers and St Mirren fans. This has ruined my day. It might even ruin my summer.

Balance it out with the unhappiness of Gauld obsessives, even though Morgan plays a different position.

18 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

A sensible call up. Fast attacker with a decent scoring record. 

It’s good that Steve Clarke is up for adding a couple of new players to the squad, and on the face of it, it’s seems a sensible pick. Hopefully he gets a chance and it works out for us. I look forward to seeing him against Finland.