Who’s on the plane?

Donathan

Delighted for Lewis, smashing young lad and a fantastic player. Would have had far more caps than he does had he not chose MLS when he did. Still, I expect he will get minutes at the tournament. Three St Mirren youth products now in the squad, would be great to see them all on the pitch together at the same time. 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

All I can picture is happy ScotsAbroadPod followers and St Mirren fans. This has ruined my day. It might even ruin my summer.

We should probably withdraw from the tournament.  

32 minutes ago, Lex said:

Delighted for Lewis, smashing young lad and a fantastic player. Would have had far more caps than he does had he not chose MLS when he did. Still, I expect he will get minutes at the tournament. Three St Mirren youth products now in the squad, would be great to see them all on the pitch together at the same time. 

You'll be booing them with a tear of pride in your eye.

I haven't seen any of him, so don't have a clue if he's a good addition to the squad, but hopefully for him this is the start of a long period in the National team and not just a one off especially as there'll be an element of transition after the Euros and so it's a great time to stand out and get a chance. This is an opportunity for him. Superficially, it looks like Morgan for Doak and Conway for Dykes, that's not necessarily the case.

54 minutes ago, Lex said:

Three St Mirren youth products now in the squad, would be great to see them all on the pitch together at the same time. 

Good to see you don't have any bias in your preferences. Kenny McLean and John McGinn the others I assume. Great service from St Mirren and we thank you for that. 👍

12 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

A vey lazy retort. Clarke knew full well of Doak's injuries, but still picks him? Made an arse of it. Then Doak withdraws, surprise, it smack of media telling what to do. Surely he could have picked a fit promising youngster instead. Clarke is out of his depth at this level.

Its a menuscus injury, which is highly likely to become irritated, swollen and painful when returning to play. Can be fine one day and terrible the next.

I have torn a meniscus and my ACL separately - the meniscus was actually worse in a way with sharp ongoing pain in the knee.

You can have a tidy up operation but really the best thing for it is rest, especially at a young age it will work itself out.

Return to play timeline is always uncertain.

Mentioned Morgan on the injuries thread last week,  was an obvious addition and as others have said should have been involved long before now despite my obvious bias. Capable of a goal out of literally nothing. Very pleased with this. 

1 hour ago, Lex said:

No idea why anyone would be red dotting this ?

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Morgan and McLean joined St Mirren at 16 or 17 and made their professional debuts the next year. They are both Rangers "youth products".

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Good to see you don't have any bias in your preferences. Kenny McLean and John McGinn the others I assume. Great service from St Mirren and we thank you for that. 👍

Steve Clarke started his professional career at St Mirren too, of course. If we do go on and win the Euros, it'll almost be like that time West Ham won the World Cup in 1966.

9 minutes ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

Or are we giving Clarke credit for picking a sensible replacement? 

Suspect he’ll still be incompetent and out of his depth, regardless of calling up a sensible replacement. 

Posted (edited)

Delighted that Morgan has been called up. He's the only player in the squad who is a natural dribbler and only player who can beat people.

Plus, at 27 he's at the prime of his career.

Hopefully he makes the final 26.

Clarke has to cut 2 players.

Edited by SlayerX

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

Suspect he’ll still be incompetent and out of his depth, regardless of calling up a sensible replacement. 

Steve Clarke qualified for two tournaments.

If you think Steve Clarke is out of your depth then I'd love to hear your opinion on Vogts, Levein, McLeish, Strachan and Burley.

Steve Clarke is Scotland's best and most successful manager since Craig Brown.

If you disagree? Fine. That's your perogative.

11 minutes ago, Lex said:

Steve Clarke started his professional career at St Mirren too, of course. If we do go on and win the Euros, it'll almost be like that time West Ham won the World Cup in 1966.

I've always liked St Mirren now that I think about it.

9 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Delighted that Morgqn has been called up. He's the only player in the squad who is a natural dribbler and only player who can beat people.

Plus, at 27 he's at the prime of his career.

Hopefully he makes the final 26.

Clarke has to cut 2 players.

My take is that you don't call up people at this point not to include in the final 26.

If Kelly, Souttar or Cooper had been injured, I doubt we'd have seen a replacement.  I suppose the counter point would be 'what do you do if we lose another ahead of/after the Finland game' but not sure bringing someone in for a few days and then to send them home again makes much sense.

9 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Steve Clarke qualified for two tournaments.

If you think Steve Clarke is out of your depth then I'd love to hear your opinion on Vogts, Levein, McLeish, Strachan and Burley.

Steve Clarke is Scotland's best and most successful manager since Craig Brown.

If you disagree? Fine. That's your perogative.

Think you’ve misunderstood my post. 

My initial opinion was I would've called up 35 players in the provisional squad. (Including Gauld, Morgan, Conway, Johnston, Doig, Barron, Danny Armstrong, Miller, Watson)

I wouldn't have called up Doak.

The point of that is that all of the squad would have a fortnight of training and mingling with the squad.

But it wasn't to be.

The cut off for the final 26 selection is 11pm on Friday.

Posted (edited)
Just now, SlayerX said:

The cut off for the final 26 selection is 11pm on Friday.

England are making their formal announcement on Saturday, so I'd expect we'll be doing similar.

Edited by 2426255